TV Home Forum

BBC TWO Christmas 2015 presentation

Retro idents, eh? (December 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
ED
ExDSStar
After looking at cards, I'm pretty sure they should have used last year's ident without any edit.

They will have to soon under pressure from social media, higher up and other places.
WI
Wicko
After looking at cards, I'm pretty sure they should have used last year's ident without any edit.

They will have to soon under pressure from social media, higher up and other places.

Why? The social media brigade are hardly going to influence anyone. And most people wouldn't care - or worry either. They're just Christmas idents! We could be sending bombs to Syria. Do you think a Christmas ident is going to raise more concern?
Nathan, chris and Cavan gave kudos
CA
Cavan

Do you think they will care? They okayed the presentation after all! Laughing
JO
Jonny
"it's ur-gent - some of the whingebags on TVForum hate our daft little Christmas channel trailers, drop everything, they must be satisfied!"
Larry the Loafer, London Lite and Cavan gave kudos
DB
dbl

Nope, no sh**tes would be given. Too busy to worry about a forum's opinion. Trust me, there's a lot that goes on behind the scenes.
LL
London Lite Founding member

With respect, it's that type of comment which is typical DS.
CA
Cavan

Wink
JO
Jonny
So, apparently, audio imaging agency Delicious Digital was given only 24 hours to direct and provide the music for this campaign.

That got me thinking - would it be possible to "create" a "totally original" BBC2 Christmas campaign in less time? Perhaps 30 minutes?

This ident business, anyone can do it. Yargh. (I'll behave now ;-]).
CH
chris
That is very odd they were only given 24 hours. Is that why the BBC Two box is bigger on the yellow idents? Have they just plonked it on top of the purple box rather than getting them clean?
RE
Reboot
Oh "Two, two, two, two, two, two, two, two, two, two, two, two, twoooo..." is the tune and we're getting some old idents. It's a shame BBC2 is the unloved child of the BBC and won't get money for a new ident.

The BBC as a whole don't have any money, thanks to a government determined to castrate them. Frankly, at a point when they're cutting, well, everything, I don't think "new Xmas idents" should be a priority. I don't even see why they bothered with "two two two..." rather than just reusing the existing music for the same reason.

[I think BBC3 is a better candidate for "unloved child" in any case. BBC2's at least staying on the air....]
JA
JAS84
chris posted:
That is very odd they were only given 24 hours. Is that why the BBC Two box is bigger on the yellow idents? Have they just plonked it on top of the purple box rather than getting them clean?

I'm not sure clean versions even exist. The logo was part of the animation on a couple of them.
JU
Justin
JAS84 posted:
chris posted:

I'm not sure clean versions even exist. The logo was part of the animation on a couple of them.

Didn't they stop using the burned-in logo versions after awhile? Also, NI used the 2001 version with a smaller box earlier in a sting (thanks Cavan)

Newer posts