TV Home Forum

BBC TWO Christmas 2015 presentation

Retro idents, eh? (December 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CA
Cavan
The Network, once again, used Silk to introduce Daily Politics wheras NI used the short cut version of the 2011 Christmas ident with the choir singing 'Ring Christmas Bells' over it.
CA
Cavan
http://i1.wp.com/www.tv-live.org.uk/media/bbc2/2015/xmas15/bbc2ni_xmas15_promo_dance_0112_05.jpg

Promoting a non-existent channel, eh? Wink
JO
Jonny
Cavan posted:
The Network, once again, used Silk to introduce Daily Politics wheras NI used the short cut version of the 2011 Christmas ident with the choir singing 'Ring Christmas Bells' over it.

I think Network have judged this one right on this occasion.

The short 2011 edit you refer to, which is probably an NI exclusive, is arguably the best re-edit of the lot though; the absence of sound effects isn't as jarring from its advanced starting point, with the 2 already in place.
:-(
A former member
BBC Scotland has updated its xmas promo, ie refreshed it.

:-(
A former member
that was out of the hat.

CA
Cavan
Cavan posted:
The 2001 Christmas ident was used on BBC TWO NI just now.

It was just used again on BBC TWO Scotland into the snooker. The song the choir are "twoing" along to is 'Ding Dong Merrily on High'. There is a bit of clapping as well - lovely. Confused
CA
Cavan
PF
PFML84
*sigh*

And they still can't get the Subtitles tag and the box aligned correctly.

What's the point of the Subtitles tag? Aren't practically all of the BBC's programmes Subtitled now anyway, and have been for years?
BR
Brekkie
BBC Scotland has updated its xmas promo, ie refreshed it.

That looks rather nice.
BR
Brekkie

Could somebodt with the talent put that background on the yellow idents please. Think it would look so much better.
VM
VMPhil
Paddy posted:
What's the point of the Subtitles tag? Aren't practically all of the BBC's programmes Subtitled now anyway, and have been for years?

BBC channels have had 100% of programmes subtitled since 2008, according to Ericsson (formerly Red Bee)

http://www.ericsson.com/broadcastandmedia/improving-live-subtitling/
JA
james-2001
I might be wrong, but I don't think Channel 4 have been tagging shows as subtitled since around 2001!

Newer posts