TV Home Forum

CBBC Birthday thread

Celebrating 30 Years of Children's BBC (September 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
Does anyone remember a segment on The Saturday Show where the presenters parodied The Simpsons opening? I can't find it anywhere.

Only Live and Kicking had the Simpsons did it not ?
BR
Brekkie
I don't think anybody really remembers The Saturday Show.
JA
james-2001
Especially considering it actually became the summer replacement rather than the main show.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
I don't think anybody really remembers The Saturday Show.

Apparently Shirley Crabtree was in the running to host it and apparently was billed as such (though through his better known stage name) up until days before somebody somewhere changed their mind and replaced Crabtree with Isa St Clair and Tommy Boyd. Or Crabtree walked out, nobody really knows.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
He pulled out for health reasons, apparently http://www.paulmorris.co.uk/satkids/saturdayshow.htm
VM
VMPhil
Wait, isn't Caly123 referring to the BBC's Saturday Show that ran in the early-mid 00s?
SP
Steve in Pudsey
As The Simpsons weren't around in Big Daddy's day, you may be on to something Smile
A former member
Wait, isn't Caly123 referring to the BBC's Saturday Show that ran in the early-mid 00s?

I believe so, but still it run for four years somehow...

Here is 1st opening

VM
VMPhil
Fascinating clip from that uploader as usual. Also interesting to note that Michael Underwood presented the link into the first episodes of the 1999 and 2000 relaunches of Live and Kicking as well, which means from 1999-2001 he introduced three continuous relaunches of CBBC's autumn Saturday morning show!
A former member
Plus two on ITV before being sacked or let go etc.
TV
TVMan
Found a clip of a tech fault during the Saturday show from July 2002
CA
Caly123

I believe so, but still it run for four years somehow...

Here is 1st opening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfNkKudXVfk

Yes, I was referring to The Saturday Show from the early 2000s.

Newer posts