TV Home Forum

Channel 4 rebrand - September 2015

Split from Channel 4 (September 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
PF
PFML84
Hmm, it seems if you are an 'artist' and you're a bit 'deviant', you may find yourself on the corner of Chadwick Street and Horseferry Street.
CO
Colorband
or... dledeviant.deviantart.com
PF
PFML84
Well, I didn't want to directly link to it in case that was against the rules, but you can take any heat for being more to the point than I was!
DV
DVB Cornwall
Seems a number of parties are circling Channel 4 (including BT) if it's sale is announced by the Government

see here ……..

NEWS on UK.FINANCE.YAHOO.COM
31-Oct-2015 @ 20:36

17 days later

BR
Brekkie
Loving the stage at the C4 Upfronts. That's how you implement this look - absolutely clearly C4 but no logo to be seen:

GE
thegeek Founding member
But is that the old font (4brands?) on the big screen?
JK
JK08
But is that the old font (4brands?) on the big screen?

I think it's still the corporate font of Channel Four Television Corporation, whereas Horesferry and Chadwick are the fonts for the actual channel.
BR
Brekkie
At the risk of turning this thread into another edition of Stingwatch just watched last nights TFI Friday which contained an ad for All4 via Chromecast, preceeded by a blocks logo with the Chrome logo and in the Chrome colours.

Annoyingly the version of the ad C4 have made available online doesn't include it, but really did think the blocks in red, green and yellow on a crisp white background worked far better than the fairly dark tones they use for most of the regular ones.
FA
fanoftv
I agree brekkie. Possibly because they're colours seen in the original form of the logo.

As they did the bare minimum to celebrate Christmas over the decade (though the eventual snowman ident was lovely) do we have hopes for anything this year?
I'd personally prefer animated idents like the stings, though the blocks in an ice cave would be different.
BR
Brekkie
I think the best we can hope for is the next phase of the idents.
DV
dvboy
Advert for Southpaw "in cinemas July 24" aired during tonight's Homeland. Threw me for a bit.
MA
Markymark
dvboy posted:
Advert for Southpaw "in cinemas July 24" aired during tonight's Homeland. Threw me for a bit.

You still watch the commercial channels linearly ? How quaint Cool

Newer posts