The Gallery

BBC News - Rebrand 10

Follow on from my previous mock (November 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
PA
PATV Scunthorpe
Hi,

Since my last try at a BBC News mock ( http://www.tvforum.co.uk/thegallery/bbc-news-recreation-mock-40943/ )
I've been working on and off since the last mock. It's not completely finished but I feel I have a lot which I can show you.

The one thing I tried since people do suggest it, is I had a go at using After Effects (but I'm not going to use it again as: 1) it was the trial and its now over 2) I personally didn't like it).

So here are my BBC News titles (they might be simple, but it was the first thing I produced in After Effects so I'm happy with it.) I've gone with red, white and blue for the Union Jack colours (this is only for the news channel, world news still uses red)

Then onto graphics, it follows on from my last mock (the one which you were a bit mad at me for not apparently not saying it was 'a recreation of the BBC News 24 1999 graphics.) I've shown them with Breakfast (I'm doing what others have done and getting rid of the 'BBC' part, also the presenters also say 'Welcome to Breakfast' and not 'BBC Breakfast'). These are the 'main' graphics but some more will be seen later.

I've changed the countdown slightly, gone are the reporters. I decided I wanted the countdown to revolve around the programming the News channel shows, so most of the programmes are shown and inbetween are shots of London (makes sense, Broadcasting House)

And an example of programming titles (like the breakfast titles), all programming has the same style titlecard. I want to give a bit of continuity to the programming.
So I've used the example of The Film Review, which I've remade the titles for, they are a bit simple but I like it.

I also want to let you have an explore of my mock and how the graphics work if you are interested.

Also you may have noticed that I recreated/added to the Breakfast studio, this is not a studio mock, but I just wanted to have a try at a studio (it was made in Blender). But if you want comment on the studio I am happy for you to do so.

Also, if you need proof that I started this after my last BBC News mock, I have provided some updates to DavidWhitfield, so have can verify that I did start it afterwards. (Just for the ones who may not believe me.)
Last edited by PATV Scunthorpe on 21 November 2015 12:32pm - 2 times in total
JO
Joe
These remind me of basic outline/storyboard graphics used during the design phase, rather than a finished article.
HB
HarryB
Poor work, just looks like very brief first versions of it...

Looked at the powerpoint, but I have keynote and it shows like this... Very much hope it isn't meant to look like this... You need to export it to video and post it that way.

Also I don't need proof because it still looks like this has took you just a few hours to make.
PA
PATV Scunthorpe
The blue to red to white boxes come 0.01 of a second after each other, then turn white for normal Astons and red for breaking news

BB
BBI45
I think this is a decent start. To Improve, include local news graphics and change the aston colour pallet to relate to the programme. I.E. Different shades of red for regular bulletins and for Business Live, different shades of blue.
PA
PATV Scunthorpe
BBI45 posted:
I think this is a decent start. To Improve, include local news graphics and change the aston colour pallet to relate to the programme. I.E. Different shades of red for regular bulletins and for Business Live, different shades of blue.

Each programme does have it's own 'blue to red to white' business live is the dark blue to light blue to white on the title card used now.
I'll export the different video now.
BB
BBI45
BBI45 posted:

Each programme does have it's own 'blue to red to white' business live is the dark blue to light blue to white on the title card used now.

I meant as in on BBC One bulletins, excluding the blue segments and spreading out the red spectrum
PA
PATV Scunthorpe
BBI45 posted:
BBI45 posted:

I meant as in on BBC One bulletins, excluding the blue segments and spreading out the red spectrum

I knew that's what you meant but the blue red and white is to symbolise the Union Jack so I planned for the news channel and the nationals to have red white and blue
Last edited by PATV Scunthorpe on 21 November 2015 5:09pm
PA
PATV Scunthorpe
Breaking News (WNA):

BBC News Channel Astons:

BBC News Live via Videolink:

BBC News Headlines (export slightly messed up):

Business Live:

Victoria Derbyshire (BBC News Channel is w/Clock BBC Two w/o):

The Film Review:

DB
dbl
The gradient used on the strap transition is really jarring. It doesn't look good.
Justin, Mike W and Nicky gave kudos
PA
PATV Scunthorpe
dbl posted:
The gradient used on the strap transition is really jarring. It doesn't look good.

Really, I feel it give it colour and makes each show stand out.
MW
Mike W
dbl posted:

Really, I feel it give it colour and makes each show stand out.

But I'd agree with dbl, it's jarring. It doesn't look 'right'
Warbler, BBI45 and Nicky gave kudos

Newer posts