The Gallery

ITV Weekend (UPDATED 19/10)

Updated with V4.2 (May 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AA
Aaron_2015
Here is V4.2:

To open each hour, Charlotte stands next to a screen attached to the lighting rig (like the screens used in the GMB set), to the side of the desk. In the background you can see the new updated backdrop for the sofa area. The window boxes are now a consistent theme throughout the studio.

Also shown in this update is a new 'Contact Us' bug, as well as coming up graphics for GMB and Lorraine, plus new strap animations.

As always, please let me know how this can be improved in V4.3.

NB. Video is available in HD!
PA
PATV Scunthorpe
Nice additions, but I personally feel the music could have a little bit of a high pitch to it as I preferred the higher one to the normal one. Very Happy
JT
JamesTV
I really like the improvements!
1 thing though. The gaps between the 'Contact us' box and the box underneath seems different for every contact detail, significantly noticeable with the 'itv.com/weekend' box as depicted below.
http://files.jamescraker.com/ContactUs1.png
http://files.jamescraker.com/ContactUs2.png
AA
Aaron_2015
Ah! Thanks for pointing that out James. Must have cocked up when placing the 'itv.com/weekend' box on top of the '@ITVWeekend' box.
HB
HarryB
This video update hardly shows anything to do with 'weekend'... The video just seems to focus on one aston that promotes a show that isn't even on till the start of the week...

Also the set to me looks like a copy of Lorraine's.
AA
Aaron_2015
This video update hardly shows anything to do with 'weekend'... The video just seems to focus on one aston that promotes a show that isn't even on till the start of the week...

Also the set to me looks like a copy of Lorraine's.

This is an update... It works in addition with the previous updates... You have to have looked at the previous updates and the initial mock. I thought that was pretty obvious, but apologies if that wasn't clear. I'm also confused as to what the "one aston" you refer to is, considering there are two new astons and a new graphic.

Apart from the window boxes, I don't see the similarities.
Last edited by Aaron_2015 on 19 October 2015 9:39pm
AA
Aaron_2015
Hopefully I can get some good renders up of the new sofa area this evening.

Also working on a soft area for the set.
AA
Aaron_2015
As early as it may be, I've begun creating a Christmas set of titles for Weekend, plus set decoration. 🎄🎅🎁
JamesTV and PATV Scunthorpe gave kudos
AA
Aaron_2015
This is one of my mocks that I have developed a lot, but as some have pointed out (and have criticised) that it's only one or two people giving feedback. This obviously isn't something I can control, so I would appreciate it if I could get some more feedback for V4 (and .1 and .2).
DO
dosxuk
This is one of my mocks that I have developed a lot, but as some have pointed out (and have criticised) that it's only one or two people giving feedback. This obviously isn't something I can control, so I would appreciate it if I could get some more feedback for V4 (and .1 and .2).

You've made it quite clear that this is a personal project that you will defend to the hilt. That's not the sort of thing that tends to get many other people bothering to care enough to give feedback.

I can't give you feedback because I don't know what you're aiming for, I don't care about the premise (I certainly wouldn't watch it if it was a real programme), and I have no interest in seeing where your idea goes. Sorry, but that's the truth, and I suspect the same is true for many of the regular commentees here.
AA
Aaron_2015

You've made it quite clear that this is a personal project that you will defend to the hilt . That's not the sort of thing that tends to get many other people bothering to care enough to give feedback.

I can't give you feedback because I don't know what you're aiming for, I don't care about the premise (I certainly wouldn't watch it if it was a real programme), and I have no interest in seeing where your idea goes. Sorry, but that's the truth, and I suspect the same is true for many of the regular commentees here.

What evidence is there to suggest that?

It's ridiculous to suggest you wouldn't give feedback just because you wouldn't watch the programme featured in the mock.
DO
dosxuk
What evidence is there to suggest that?

Even on the first page you're ignoring people when they gave valid feedback. BUT - there's nothing wrong with this being your project - just don't expect other people to get excited about it.

It's ridiculous to suggest you wouldn't give feedback just because you wouldn't watch the programme featured in the mock.

No it's not. I simply have no interest in this type of programme. I don't know what they look like, what elements are needed or the normal visual language of these types of programme in order to judge whether or not you're meeting those standards. And even more, I don't care to find out about those programmes, and I don't care if your mock is any good.

Contrast that to the three new threads from the last couple of days. MDTA is rehashing his BBC logos mock *again* - BUT he's come up with something new. I'm interested in branding, logo design and his work, therefore I will look at his work, comment, provide feedback and-so-on. There Bail's Crystal Maze mock - another subject I'm interested in. Finally we have channelsurfer's Sky logos mock - like MDTA's, it's about the branding, and he's come up with a new look, presented it well and it looks promising - that gets my interest. I care about these mocks, because they're interesting, well presented and have taken more than a few minutes of thinking. I don't care about "VVeekend".

Newer posts