The Newsroom

ITV News

Split from ITV News 2013 Rebrand (January 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AN
Andrew Founding member
Although I agree that dropping the regional news is poor, the exact wording of ITV's licences says that sport and major events is allowed to disrupt the usual news schedules, so they aren't actually breaking the terms of the licence.

I also expect that the rigid rules about the amount of advertising per clock hour may be one reason why they are reluctant to run late all evening.
LL
London Lite Founding member
Personally the 6.45pm short bulletin during the RWC shouldn't happen in the first place. Those who are watching that content are half way through the BBC One bulletin.
BR
Brekkie
RDJ posted:
Regional News dropped again tonight due to the Rugby World Cup. Although the game finished in plenty of time and it was just the analysis that took it over.

At least in the week there is another bulletin but it's been ridiculous. On both the Saturday occassions there have been over an hour until the next match kicks off so plenty of time for a 4-5 minute bulletin, or at least a 2 minute round up which I'm sure they could do as an alternative.

I'm surprised for the weekday matches where they've only shown the 4.45pm kick-off they didn't air the regional news from 4.00-4.15pm as they tend to during the World Cup/Euros. Ideally of course they'd have aired the regional and national news between 6.45pm and 7.30pm, bumping Emmerdale - yet Emmerdale seems to have come out of it relatively unscathed, unlike Corrie who have lost episodes every week.
Last edited by Brekkie on 7 October 2015 8:16pm
NE
newsman1
RDJ posted:
Regional News dropped again tonight due to the Rugby World Cup. Although the game finished in plenty of time and it was just the analysis that took it over.

At least in the week there is another bulletin but it's been ridiculous. On both the Saturday occassions there have been over an hour until the next match kicks off so plenty of time for a 4-5 minute bulletin, or at least a 2 minute round up which I'm sure they could do as an alternative.

I'm surprised for the weekday matches where they've only shown the 4.45pm kick-off they didn't air the regional news from 4.00-4.15pm as they tend to during the World Cup/Euros. Ideally of course they'd have aired the regional and national news between 6.45pm and 7.30pm, bumping Emmerdale - yet Emmerdale seems to have come out of it relatively unscathed, unlike Corrie who have lost episodes every week .

A soap on ITV never loses episodes - it's simply the case that an episode or double-bill is shown on another night in order to make up for the soap not being broadcast on one of its usual nights.
JA
JAS84
Yeah, The pre-empted Friday Corrie episode ends up on Sunday, and Emmerdale gets doubled up earlier in the week.
NI
Nicky
JAS84 posted:
Yeah, The pre-empted Friday Corrie episode ends up on Sunday, and Emmerdale gets doubled up earlier in the week.

An additional Corrie episode was added to Thursdays at 8:30pm in the weeks leading up to the rugby season, I assume to avoid doubling up or rescheduling around (or after) the matches.
MF
MatthewFirth
No Rugby tonight, so regional news as normal tonight.
News at Ten also tonight, and I presume (since there's a match tomorrow) Mark and Julie will present from the last time tonight, as suggested here:
https://twitter.com/markaustinitv/status/652121972537737216
GM
GMc
No Rugby tonight, so regional news as normal tonight.
News at Ten also tonight, and I presume (since there's a match tomorrow) Mark and Julie will present from the last time tonight, as suggested here:
https://twitter.com/markaustinitv/status/652121972537737216

Hasn't Julie been off all week? Mary is on the EPG with Mark tonight.
BO
Bongo
Mary's sign off on the 6:30... And that's it from us both, wonder if she was referring to the break in her and Alistairs partnership on the evening news. I'm going to miss News at Ten being double headed, I like how it doesn't take itself as seriously as the BBC.
LF
LiamFJournalist
Two great news partnerships - Mark Austin and Julie Etchingham & Alastair Stewart and Mary Nightingale, ruined by Geoff Hill and ITV bosses.
GM
Gary McEwan
Bongo posted:
Mary's sign off on the 6:30... And that's it from us both, wonder if she was referring to the break in her and Alistairs partnership on the evening news. I'm going to miss News at Ten being double headed, I like how it doesn't take itself as seriously as the BBC.

I certainly thought that as well, but I could be looking into it too much...
DV
DVB Cornwall
This

Last edited by DVB Cornwall on 8 October 2015 7:28pm - 2 times in total

Newer posts