TV Home Forum

Rugby World Cup 2015

ITV announces presentation line-up. (March 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
OS
OboeShoes
Interesting to hear Miles Harrison commentating on Wales vs Uruguay with Shane Williams. Wouldn't surprise me if he was lent out on the condition that he didn't commentate alongside anyone from BT. The same thing seems to be happening with Nick Mullins and Ben Kay.
Last edited by OboeShoes on 20 September 2015 11:04pm
MA
madmusician
I quite like the World Feed theme music - I like the orchestration and arrangement. Nothing wrong with a subtle approach to the World in Union theme, for once!

The less said about ITV's, the better. The world could do without Paloma Faith lasering it to death - it's just a horrible sound. And I'm not a massive fan of the arrangement, either - some of the modulations don't quite work IMHO. It would take a lot to beat 2007's version for me, and this *certainly* doesn't.
RD
rdd Founding member
This is a very interesting article.

http://svgeurope.org/blog/headlines/tackling-the-rugby-world-cup-how-itv-is-planning-its-coverage/

Seems (and it's not really a surprise) that ITV is producing the world feed too, which explains why some commentators are appearing on both (though seemingly never on the same match). Also that ITV designed the graphics, albeit within the confines of brand guidelines they were given by World Rugby. (Still doesn't explain why they resemble Sky NZ's so closely and look nothing like ITVs).
BR
Brekkie
2007 evolved from 2003 so I guess World Rugby want some consistency from tournament to tournament.
BR
Brekkie
Interesting the BBC are able to use limited footage from the tournament in their online round up The Hit, without any credit to ITV. I'm surprised too that ITV didn't obtain the necessary permissions to use some archive Six Nations footage from the last few years for their build up and analysis - presumably from February they'll be able too and it would be useful now rather than being limited to just action from this or the previous World Cup.
PE
peterh
Was it just me in the East Midlands region an advert for free view was interrupted by a n image saying you must confirm you must upgrade watching via sky. Anyone know what that was all about.
RO
robertclark125
Didn't have anything here.
MI
Michael
Had it on DTV-FV in Wales. Apparently (Twitter) it aired two hours ago as well.

DV
dvboy
It's on All4 too. It's part of the advert. I think it's for Freeview Play.
:-(
A former member
What is the deal with #youmustconform And why did it only it seem to effect southern ITV station:

Another tweet with a nother video

DV
dvboy
It's to get you talking. It's worked.
bilky asko and Brekkie gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
No local news once again despite them having an hour until the big game - could easily squeeze in the 5 minutes required and unlike last week don't think it's justified staying with the South Africa match coverage over it.

Newer posts