TV Home Forum

In Case You Missed It

BBC2 (September 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
No Charlie Brooker but this spoof TV review show had its moments - particularly liked the Casualty Lottery show.
GO
gottago
It was bloody awful. Can't quite believe Dara's put his name to it.
:-(
A former member
Its like a cross between TV Burp and that Fox programme on 6 years ago which looked at radom and odd sky channels.
BR
Brekkie
It was bloody awful. Can't quite believe Dara's put his name to it.

I did think twice about correct my mistake when I wrote "it had its moment". The second half was better than the first, but ultimately it's another type of show Youtube folk can do better.
DA
davidhorman
At least a Youtuber would have tried to remove a BBC Four DOG (and they'd have the excuse of not having access to the BBC archive for the footage they wanted).
VM
VMPhil
Saw this on Twitter:

DA
davidhorman
Interesting. The ensuing developments should be vastly more entertaining than ICYMI.
CW
Charlie Wells Moderator
This wouldn't be the first time such issues have arissen, as Private Eye has recently reported on a couple incidences.
EL
elmarko
On a similar note, if you ever get a chance to talk to Robin Ince, ask him about Science Club, featuring one Dara O'Briain. Ince had been pitching a similar kind of show for years off the back of his work with science educators and with the Skeptics movement. He wasn't happy with Dara got the gig with that format, although it was a few years back when I spoke to him so maybe he's mellowed about it by now.

Let's be clear: I've nothing against O'Briain, he's brilliant, but he does seem to be a favourite among some execs.
DV
dvboy
At least a Youtuber would have tried to remove a BBC Four DOG (and they'd have the excuse of not having access to the BBC archive for the footage they wanted).

I think they added it, rather than tried to remove one that was already there.

I assume this was a pilot. It was rubbish.

Newer posts