Media Websites

TV Forum

(October 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DO
dosxuk
AxG posted:
I seem to have to log in most times I come back to the site.

Me to, just now in fact.

Likewise. Was logged in on the home page, but as soon as I went into a forum I was logged out.

ETA: Also agree with the font comments. The more I see of the VV style W the more hideous I find it.
Last edited by dosxuk on 30 August 2015 5:32pm
AD
adamiow
I thought I'd solved the login issue by clearing the cookies from the old URL, but I've had to login again.
JA
JAS84
AxG posted:

Me to, just now in fact.

Likewise. Was logged in on the home page, but as soon as I went into a forum I was logged out.

ETA: Also agree with the font comments. The more I see of the VV style W the more hideous I find it.

Yeah, lots of complaints about that on this mock in the Gallery as well. I guess nobody likes that style of W?

http://www.tvforum.co.uk/thegallery/developing-bbc-news-40958/
:-(
A former member
I dont see whats wrong with the front, I thought it was weird at first but I like it now, its different.
DO
dosxuk
I see the bug where some posts on the home page are attributed to the wrong person still exists.
http://home.vis-is.co.uk/data/grabs/tvf-2015-wronguser-a.png
http://home.vis-is.co.uk/data/grabs/tvf-2015-wronguser-b.png

(And I just got logged out when I came back to this page to post this reply after being logged in on every other page I looked at on this visit. There's definitely something weird going on)

ETA: Now it's asking about cookies again... But I've stayed logged in on this visit...
Last edited by dosxuk on 31 August 2015 12:22am
KN
knack
Asa posted:
Cheers, hope you like the refreshed homepage and other little tweaks. The changes have been mainly backend - including moving to a new server ( notice the new URL? ) but thankfully now that's all out of the way I can go back to small updates and fixes more regularly.

Any problems, just let me know. Bilky - using YouTube/Vimeo URLs in the [media] tag has been fixed.

Well that would explain why the 1Password iOS Safari extension failed to show TV Forum.

A nice evolution. Would be good to have a higher resolution TV Forum logo when you've got a chance!
BR
Brekkie

Same here.
MU
Multi
Keeps logging me out plus I can't find messages I've sent when I click on my inbox via my iPhone.
BR
Brekkie
Anyone else presing the "Submit as new topic" button every time they go to reply. Except this time, I'll make a point of avoiding it!
AS
Asa Admin
I've tweaked the login, can someone try in the Android browser and see if it works? A bit baffled why it's only affecting that one. Some people may have been getting logged out because of dynamic IPs, I've turned that option off now too.

When moving the site over I removed a lot of registrations that had been inactive for a while, so some may be getting a different message when trying to log in as well.

PM and homepage bugs are on the list. Smile
DV
DVB Cornwall
... The cookies reminder seems to have gone away now too.
:-(
A former member
Asa posted:
I've tweaked the login, can someone try in the Android browser and see if it works?

Sorry Asa, still not working.

Newer posts