Media Websites

TV Forum

(October 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
PA
pad
Absolutely love the "2" swinging round as you scroll, that's genius! Very Happy Also like the highlighted post that's had a good amount of kudos, nice touch also.

I like the new homepage, but I'm not sure about the font for usernames/forum titles. I don't know, it just seems to conflict with the main sans serif font and the TVF logo font. I think I really liked the slab serif + sans serif mix. Now it's double sans it seems a bit off to me. Maybe I just need to get used to it.

Also not sure about the image strips above each forum on the homepage. The concept is good but I think some images (like the current screen grab above the main forum) look really odd.

All in all always appreciate your work Asa, this forum is one I still love to regularly visit even though I'm a definite lurker these days. So thank you for all the time you put in.
VM
VMPhil
Whilst we're suggesting things, this is something not unique to this new look, but it would be nice if multiview didn't include pinned topics. I use multiview to see new posts from all forums on the site at once and feel it's unnecessary to include pinned topics that have been there for months or years.

Similarly, for as long as I have been using it the links for pages 2 and onwards for the 24 hour catchup function have been broken.
TW
tweedledum
Thank you, Asa and the team! A nice, refreshing change. I have to agree with the comments about the font, it seems a bit to light.
DB
dbl
Nice one Asa with the refresh, we needed more modern Sans Serif. Wink
JB
JasonB
I see we've had a had a lick of paint! Looks good ASA! Like the spinning 2 at the bottom of the forums!

Can we delete posts now?
VM
VMPhil
Whilst we're suggesting things, this is something not unique to this new look, but it would be nice if multiview didn't include pinned topics. I use multiview to see new posts from all forums on the site at once and feel it's unnecessary to include pinned topics that have been there for months or years.

Similarly, for as long as I have been using it the links for pages 2 and onwards for the 24 hour catchup function have been broken.

Wow, has this already been done? That's customer service Smile

Thank you!
AS
Asa Admin
No problem. I've set it so pinned topics will disappear from Multiview if they've not been posted in in a little while, just so they're initially spotted by those who only ever use Multiview. Hopefully the cookie banner should be behaving itself now.

WAPs back (I break it with every update! Smile)

Jason: Yep, deleting posts is available again.

And as Charlie mentioned there is an issue with logging in with the Android browser, I'll keep looking into it.
VMPhil and London Lite gave kudos
DV
dvboy
Am I supposed to see the ads between posts, in mobile view, when logged in?
RO
rob Founding member
Another superb refresh of the site. Really do like the 2 scrolling down!
GO
gottago
I seem to have to log in most times I come back to the site.
AG
AxG
I seem to have to log in most times I come back to the site.

Me to, just now in fact.
:-(
A former member
not me, One problem I do have is the message icon say lit even when I read all messages...

Newer posts