The Gallery

ITV News Online

Website improvements (August 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
TV
TV Matters
Here is my take on a enhancement of the current ITV News website.

Key ideas include:
- Dynamic use of full screen rather than a narrow pane for live feed
- Clearer menu bar
- Enhancement to live feed

Click here -

Let me know what you think Smile
Aaron_2015 and newswatcher101 gave kudos
BB
BruceBBC
I'm actually very impressed with this. It's very clean and modern looking. You've managed to fill the screen without it feeling cluttered.
Well done. 4/5
TV
TV Matters
I'm actually very impressed with this. It's very clean and modern looking. You've managed to fill the screen without it feeling cluttered.
Well done. 4/5

Thank you for your feedback, any ideas for improvement to achieve 5/5?
AA
Aaron_2015
Great design. Would like to see how you would implement local news into this design.

4/5
FA
fanoftv
Very good design that improves on the current. It's filled with information, but as Bruce said it does not seem cluttered.
SR
SomeRandomStuff
DELETE
Last edited by SomeRandomStuff on 26 August 2015 9:30pm - 2 times in total
SR
SomeRandomStuff
Well done. 4/5

I'd like to see you post the pages to some webspace so we can see your work first hand.

Currently 3/5 - visually good, perhaps better than the original, but a video of a website is not particularly useful in judging.
EA
eanok
Well done. 4/5

I'd like to see you post the pages to some webspace so we can see your work first hand.

Currently 3/5 - visually good, perhaps better than the original, but a video of a website is not particularly useful in judging.

That'd be a bit demanding, dont you think? Obviously making a real website takes a lot more effort than a video mock.

Really well designed, although I would probably put the live story section at the top of the news feed. 4/5
DO
dosxuk
Personally, I'd find it far easier to build a static website and publish that than to mock one up and make it into a video.
TV
TV Matters
Sorry, all I've done here is animation and design, there's no function to it unfortunately
JU
Justin
Looks lovely as it is, a few hairy bits though.
- Make the ITV News logo, a little larger. Looks a bit strange right now in size with the text
- Align the logo with the beginning of "LIVE"
- Maybe have the option of having the main headline be half the width and have the rest of the space for some others.

Newer posts