Media Websites

YouTube Gold

ClassicTV gold on youtube (February 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JB
JasonB
Here's a little surprise for you, from the ITV Classic channel on youtube...
https://youtu.be/K9iymCGcQNs

Is this from the first series of The Krypton Factor?

You can embed the video in the post.
:-(
A former member
I do like this clip.
JO
Jozman2005
Here's a little surprise for you, from the ITV Classic channel on youtube...
https://youtu.be/K9iymCGcQNs

Is this from the first series of The Krypton Factor?

You can embed the video in the post.

It's from the second series in 1978. I know you can embed the video, but I didn't want to spoil what was (to me, at least) quite the surprise!
A former member
[quote]
MI
Michael
Quizmania is hardly classic TV, is it?
London Lite and Larry the Loafer gave kudos
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
The IBA's "Have you made sure your set's set?" promotion/sting/whatever you want to call it for Channel 4.

And on a related note - the first four minutes of Channel 4:

I observe the music used on the ident runs throughout the opening sequence of the channel in various forms. Quite nice.
A former member
It still strange, none of that is live it was all pre-recorded to make sure NO cock up happened.
NG
noggin Founding member
It still strange, none of that is live it was all pre-recorded to make sure NO cock up happened.

If you are talking about the Channel Four startup, not sure why it is strange. It was an opening VT montage - it would always be pre-recorded? As it was the first thing on the network and they wanted it to tie into the channel, and used the channel music brand, it made sense for the first ident to be the beginning of the montage?

Or are you saying the link into Countdown was pre-recorded?
JA
jamesw83
Paul Coia's first announcement was prerecorded, to make absolutely sure he wouldn't fluff it - I think that's what is being said
IS
Inspector Sands
Paul Coia's first announcement was prerecorded, to make absolutely sure he wouldn't fluff it - I think that's what is being said

It's still not really a 'strange' thing to do.

Incidentally, I seem to remember hearing (possibly Liz Forgan) saying that quite a few people watching the launch at Channel 4 that afternoon thought something had gone wrong because there was quite a gap of black screen before the ident burst on the screen. Some thought it was a problem but it was just a dramatic pause
JE
Jenny Founding member
Incidentally, I seem to remember hearing (possibly Liz Forgan) saying that quite a few people watching the launch at Channel 4 that afternoon thought something had gone wrong because there was quite a gap of black screen before the ident burst on the screen.

Jeremy Isaacs says that in "Storm Over 4". Liz Forgan may well have said the same somewhere.
MI
Michael
I observe the music used on the ident runs throughout the opening sequence of the channel in various forms. Quite nice.

Yes, it's FourScore.

Newer posts