« Topics
Critique3,192 posts since 9 Aug 2009
Anglia (East) Look East
It would see that Points West received less notice about being pan-regional tonight, as compared to the last time they did a joint programme for Spotlight too there was a lot less news for Spotlight, and I don't think there were any reports from Spotlight - they did however try a wider forecast for the combined regions, but didn't have time to update the maps to reflect it, so mentioned the Spotlight areas verbally. The graphics all remained BBC Points West branded too (including the ones captioning news from Plymouth etc).

Spotlight seem to have uploaded all of tonight's reports on Facebook.
623058: it just seems like your an mp3 whore
Asa3,587 posts since 22 Mar 2001 Administrator
Meridian (South East) South East Today
Sounds like a pretty big issue for them to have problems at 6pm for the headlines and still not be on air at 6.30 and beyond.

Are all the scripts and reports uploaded to a central server where any region could theoretically play them out in any other region if the need arose?
Steve in Pudsey10,420 posts since 4 Jan 2003
Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Curious that they managed to get on air at 10.25 but can't do Breakfast. Unless it's something that they were able to work around when more staff were available, I guess.

The comment about not being able to upload to Facebook is interesting. My money is on a connectivity failure. If it was the opt switch they could have worked around that via a contribution circuit or even sat truck into Bristol Comms who could have got them on air like when they were camping out in Bristol's DTL studio. If it's the studio or playout system, that wouldn't have stopped the CI opt.

Did Radio Devon have any problems? It looks like the Plymouth studios are now ViLoR so any loss of connectivity would have been "interesting", although it looks like their Exeter studios are still good old Mk3.
Last edited by Steve in Pudsey on 22 July 2015 8:01am
Write that down in your copybook now.
WMD gave kudos