The Gallery

Recreating the ITV News theme music

I enjoyed remaking the BBC News music so much so I thought I'd move on to ITV (June 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AS
ASO
The sounds are better but I'm not convinced at all I'm afraid - the tune isn't even quite there and other sounds are not either. If this is a recreation, listen to it more carefully. If it's a mock, try a slightly different angle on the theme - add some new stuff. Overall a big improvement on before though. Good luck Smile

Also, you can download AUs and VSTs(?) to get better sounds, can you not?
JT
JamesTV
ASO posted:
The sounds are better but I'm not convinced at all I'm afraid - the tune isn't even quite there and other sounds are not either. If this is a recreation, listen to it more carefully. If it's a mock, try a slightly different angle on the theme - add some new stuff. Overall a big improvement on before though. Good luck Smile

Also, you can download AUs and VSTs(?) to get better sounds, can you not?

This is a recreation (not a mock), unsure what you mean about AUs and VSTs?
AS
ASO
I could be being completely wrong, but AUs and VSTs are plugins.
BA
bilky asko
ASO posted:

Yeah, two different audio plug-in formats.

With a bit of searching, you might be able to find some better brass synths than what you're using currently.
JT
JamesTV
ASO posted:

Yeah, two different audio plug-in formats.

With a bit of searching, you might be able to find some better brass synths than what you're using currently.

Thanks guys, I'll try and find some Smile
MF
MatthewFirth
I still don't like it.
I think Garage Band would be better suitable for the original News at Ten theme than the current ITV News theme.
JT
JamesTV
I still don't like it.
I think Garage Band would be better suitable for the original News at Ten theme than the current ITV News theme.

I'm working on the original News At Ten one, however I promised a better version of this one so I had to make it

167 days later

JT
JamesTV
Hi Everyone,
It's been a while since I've updated this project, but a few weeks ago, I decided to have another go at it. I thought I'd keep it on this thread rather than creating a new one since I want people to be able to see how this has improved over time.

I don't feel that my ITV News National remake has improved enough to be posted on here, but I took the file for my national ITV News Remake, copied it, and thought I'd start modifying it to turn it into the regional theme. I modified the melody, bass line, percussion, and harmonies. I've also changed a few instruments and added a second melody to support the music and make it sound like the ITV News Regional theme.

Here's Version 1 of my ITV News Regional theme remake:
http://files.jamescraker.com/Music/ITV%20News%20Regional%20Remakes/ITV%20News%20Regional%20Remake%20Version%201.mp3

If the music won't play, here's a link: http://files.jamescraker.com/Music/ITV%20News%20Regional%20Remakes/ITV%20News%20Regional%20Remake%20Version%201.mp3

I'd love to hear some feedback. I personally feel that my regional remake is better than my national remake, since I've spent longer looking at instruments and developing the music.

I'll be posting Version 3 of the ITV National News remake in a few weeks.
Last edited by JamesTV on 15 December 2015 8:12pm - 3 times in total
HB
HarryB
Why do you keep carrying on and carrying on with these Rolling Eyes all your remakes, to me, do not sound the same as a 'remake' should sound.
JT
JamesTV
Why do you keep carrying on and carrying on with these Rolling Eyes all your remakes, to me, do not sound the same as a 'remake' should sound.

I carry on the same reason as other people who make mocks this forum. How should a remake sound then?
CL
CoreyLHughes
Honestly, I like this alot.
JT
JamesTV
Honestly, I like this alot.

Thank you very much!

Newer posts