The Newsroom

South West England & CI Thread

Justin Leigh to leave the BBC (January 2009)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
PE
peterrocket Founding member
Was it actually done by David Lowe? It just sounds like someone's (very good) mock cobbled together but it's a grower even if you think you're in Wales for a second.
ST
Stuart
I haven't heard the new music, and I can't find it in the Members Section of Mr Lowe's website. Can someone send me a link?

However, here's their goodbye from the temporary set (LOL) this evening, followed by the promo for the new one. I've included a comparison of the old/new logos at the end, but they are difficult to align (so my apologies for the $hitty transition). Thumbs down

I know they are rightly proud of their newly refurbished gaff up the road from where I live, but I hope the new title sequence doesn't ignore Smeaton's Tower on The Hoe - they regretted it last time.

Last edited by Stuart on 27 June 2015 1:45am
JT
JamesTV
Was it actually done by David Lowe? It just sounds like someone's (very good) mock cobbled together but it's a grower even if you think you're in Wales for a second.

An editor from Spotlight confirms that this is a special mix by David Lowe
JT
JamesTV
[removed]
Last edited by JamesTV on 17 October 2020 4:54pm - 3 times in total
BA
Bail Moderator
Wait what.. if you've been asked not to send it then don't send it to anyone, and certainly don't post publicly that you have anyway. People can get fired for leaking things to people, don't spoil it for them.
HB
HarryB
This image has the end board of the new titles and it seems they've added the 'on tv, on radio, online' tag underneath the 'SPOTLIGHT'. Just like BBC London.
WA
watchingtv
I think Look East use that 'on TV, on Radio & Online' tag.
ST
South Today
But the brand Spotlight isn't on radio!?
JT
JamesTV
[removed]
Last edited by JamesTV on 17 October 2020 4:54pm
DV
DVB Cornwall
But the brand Spotlight isn't on radio!?

There are a couple of what's on 'Spotlight' features, usually presented by one of the anchors, in the latter part of the afternoon on BBC Radio Cornwall, I would assume there's similar on BBC Radio Devon, so it's not quite so 'isn't on radio'.
CN
cnnfan1230
Could we see the BBC News box on the title sequence?
JT
JamesTV
[removed]
Last edited by JamesTV on 17 October 2020 4:58pm

Newer posts