The Newsroom

Bradby at Ten

ITN Presenter Shake-Up (June 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RB
RobB
I think we need to give this a chance. I think Tom will grow into this. But they do need to make sure that they keep Julie. She is a huge asset.

I think one question is why, if they are going to one presenter on NaT (as well as the 1.30), they need two on the 6.30. surely one would have been enough. They seem to have too many presenters for programmes, shame they can't use some on Good Morning Britain. The only person who does not seem to have been mentioned at all is Natasha Kaplinsky. I presume she will not now appear at all.

I wonder who the new political editor will be?
RB
RobB
I see Mark and Julie are not on NaT tonight!
BR
Brekkie
They're presumably losing him as political editor anyway.
:-(
A former member
RobB posted:
I think we need to give this a chance. I think Tom will grow into this. But they do need to make sure that they keep Julie. She is a huge asset.

I think one question is why, if they are going to one presenter on NaT (as well as the 1.30), they need two on the 6.30. surely one would have been enough. They seem to have too many presenters for programmes, shame they can't use some on Good Morning Britain. The only person who does not seem to have been mentioned at all is Natasha Kaplinsky. I presume she will not now appear at all. I wonder who the new political editor will be?

isnt Natasha Kaplinsky doing London Tonight?
LL
London Lite Founding member
RobB posted:

I think one question is why, if they are going to one presenter on NaT (as well as the 1.30), they need two on the 6.30. surely one would have been enough. They seem to have too many presenters for programmes, shame they can't use some on Good Morning Britain. The only person who does not seem to have been mentioned at all is Natasha Kaplinsky. I presume she will not now appear at all. I wonder who the new political editor will be?

isnt Natasha Kaplinsky doing London Tonight?

She did some editions when Nina was on maternity leave. However Charlene White is Nina's regular cover with Martin Stew or Lucrezia Millarini covering for Charlene and Nina.
JT
JamesTV
Just looked at the ITN website and they are looking for a political editor, likely to replace Tom.
RB
RobB
Presumably Chris Ship and Joey Jones from Sky must be favourites.
TV
TV Matters
New line up:

News at 1:30: Alastair Stewart or Nina Hossain (relief: Ranvir Singh, Charlene White)

Hopefully more stability on the 1:30 now. In recent months we've seen Al, Nina, Steve Scott and Mary Nightingale regularly present 1:30
RI
Rijowhi
RobB posted:

I think one question is why, if they are going to one presenter on NaT (as well as the 1.30), they need two on the 6.30. surely one would have been enough. They seem to have too many presenters for programmes, shame they can't use some on Good Morning Britain. The only person who does not seem to have been mentioned at all is Natasha Kaplinsky. I presume she will not now appear at all.

I wonder who the new political editor will be?

Glad it's not just me who found it a little strange that they are keeping the 18:30pm programme with two presenters?! I could possibly understand them wanting to make News At Ten more unique again...but with the 13:30pm bulletin being single headed too, why not all bulletins?

As you hint at in your post, there is a certain Breakfast franchise which is in far greater need of fixing...
DK
DanielK
Really disappointed not to see Charlotte Hawkins (and to a lesser extent, Susanna Reid) as part of the new lineup. Always disappointed that John Stapleton never got to do the nationals.

Also, no mention of Ranvir's new show which is making up part of the current affairs output, is it not?
AN
Andrew Founding member
Can't see any reason why they wouldn't keep two presenters at 6:30. I wasn't aware all programmes had to be the same. A lot of things in TV aren't "needed" but they decide to have them because it works on that programme.

And regarding Natasha, she isn't part of the line up now, so wouldn't be mentioned neither regards to now or the future. She's an occasional freelancer. If there was a press release about BBC Breakfast I doubt they'd mention Roger Johnson but he'd probably still appear.
NE
newswatcher101
Imagine if they renamed the News at 10 and called it 'Bradby at 10' it would then be ITV's very own Victoria Derbyshire programme. 😊

Newer posts