TV Home Forum

BBC One 2015

Split from BBC One (January 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JU
Justin
Were you half paying attention and half on Twitter?
DA
davidhorman
Multi posted:
After Not Going Out tonight, the continuity announcer linked into some adverts. Three of them aired - two being film trailers for FOX, can't remember the first. They then went straight into their late night film, Tropic Thunder , with no link. How long has BBC One had adverts?

Best Tumble Tower impression ever.
BA
bilky asko
déjà vu ……..

TVHOME on TVFORUM.CO.UK
07-Jun-2015 @ 22:16
JA
Jake
déjà vu ……..

TVHOME on TVFORUM.CO.UK
07-Jun-2015 @ 22:16

I'm here to help.

(I'm here too much)
Last edited by Jake on 7 June 2015 11:26pm - 2 times in total
AN
Andrew Founding member
I'm sure they never used to admit so upfront that Question Time was recorded earlier. Second week recently where there has been light streaming through the windows.

The location tonight looks particularly odd, doesn't even look to be in a theatre style setting or even an enclosed space.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
I'm sure they never used to admit so upfront that Question Time was recorded earlier. Second week recently where there has been light streaming through the windows.

The location tonight looks particularly odd, doesn't even look to be in a theatre style setting or even an enclosed space.

Question Time is usually recorded from about 8:30pm (documented on the FAQs on the site). Bear in mind we are in June and sunset doesn't happen until well after 9pm at this time of year. Even in Gateshead Wink

The latest episode came from here:
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/bbc-question-time-recap-flagship-9438526
IS
Isonstine Founding member
At least it wasn't as bad as when they embarked on the stadium tour...

MatthewFirth, fanoftv and Spencer gave kudos

8 days later

CU
Custard56
There's a new Father's Day sting on the channel today.

Much as I like the novelty of these "event" stings, I do feel it smacks of laziness at the BBC. The circle ident package will be 9 years (!) old come October. Yes, I'm sure the BBC wouldn't be able to justify a refresh in these cash-strapped times but surely they could mastermind one or two new circle idents? Or resurrect some discontinued ones? I will never understand the logic of discontinuing the lovely moon ident, for example - perfect as an intro to the News at Ten or more sombre drama / documentaries.
FrancisIdents and fanoftv gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
In a way spending the small amount of cash they have on these stings and the couple of January idents is a bigger waste of money than splashing out significantly more on a new package.
:-(
A former member
I bet most of these in house jobs were very very cheap to make,
LL
Larry the Loafer
There's a new Father's Day sting on the channel today.

Much as I like the novelty of these "event" stings, I do feel it smacks of laziness at the BBC. The circle ident package will be 9 years (!) old come October. Yes, I'm sure the BBC wouldn't be able to justify a refresh in these cash-strapped times but surely they could mastermind one or two new circle idents? Or resurrect some discontinued ones? I will never understand the logic of discontinuing the lovely moon ident, for example - perfect as an intro to the News at Ten or more sombre drama / documentaries.

What got me was the shorter "revised" versions feel even cheaper and tackier than the originals.
Custard56 and FrancisIdents gave kudos
FI
FrancisIdents
What got me was the shorter "revised" versions feel even cheaper and tackier than the originals.

The channel refreshes in 2009 were easily the most pointless decisions to come from the BBC, ranging from the brutal ident cuts on BBC1 to the complete annihilation of BBC2's image (but that's a subject for a different thread)

The very concept of the short idents just doesn't work. The special idents back in January weren't short, neither were the Christmas idents that preceded it. What we've had for the last six years just looks infuriatingly and unnecessarily cheap.

Newer posts