The Gallery

ITV News at Ten

60th anniversary titles (June 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MF
MatthewFirth
The 55 to 82 main version would only work for a generic package celebrating all of the bulletins, not just News at Ten.

I would help you find a 1992-1999 version online, but can't seem to find one.
Last edited by MatthewFirth on 12 June 2015 6:26pm
PI
pip2
The 55 to 82 main version would only work for a generic package celebrating all of the bulletins, not just News at Ten.

It would work for a car chase in a 1930s mobster movie, but I think its days as a news theme were over about 15 years before they replaced it. I also don't really think that the jingle used to mark ITV's return after ten weeks off-air and an estimated £100m in lost revenue following the longest industrial dispute in British television history would be an entirely appropriate choice for a celebratory ident either. #itsonlyabitoffun

I would help you find a 1992-1999 version online, but can't seem to find one.

I've been looking for years to no avail, but thanks for trying.
:-(
A former member
Its library remember so you would be in trouble.
CO
Colorband
I think I was a bit misrepresented.
Quote:
Thanks for your... broadcast to millions on television.

First off, very good! I think that's the best explanation for a simple title sequence I've heard in a long time!
Quote:
In contrast, my homage features really low definition clips from YouTube most of which were originally recorded on VHS. The scenes are not one subject shot from different angles but rather they're scrapbook pages featuring lots of different images. The resulting composite has then been rendered so that it doesn't exceed the 30mb upload limit for the amusement of tens of people on a website forum, or not-ish.

Let's see... I think this is a bit wrong. What I meant was "it needs to look a bit more like the intro", not "You must enhance everything for 4K." Also, you can use YouTube, and an upshot to that is you can reach more people and they can talk about your mock.

...but then again, I'm just a 13-year-old American who likes British TV pres, so what do I know... Razz I dunno.
MF
MatthewFirth
He is right, would you be able to put these on YouTube?
NI
Nicky
Hmm. Think some people here aren't taking this mock for what it actually is. As pip himself said, it's only a bit of fun - and it's fab.

...but then again, I'm just a 13-year-old American who likes British TV pres, so what do I know... Razz I dunno.

That doesn't actually surprise me.
MatthewFirth and Brekkie gave kudos
MF
MatthewFirth
I understand it's fun Nicky, but no.1 the actual mock (with the right music, which is versions 2 (current) and 3 (classic normal speed)) is a epic one. No.2, it's nice to explore other possibilities you can use with it ain't it?
MF
MatthewFirth
BINGO! I got it, have you got the theme from the 2008 relaunch?

Newer posts