TV Home Forum

BT Sport - Launch of BT Sport Ultimate

Dolby Atmos to be introduced 28-Nov-2020 (June 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MI
Michael
One thing I don't get is the absolute pig-headedness BT shows towards customers with Virgin Media / other cable. According to their website, there are only three ways to get BT Sport: Sky, BTTV and app/web. This is completely disengenuous and borders on misleading. Anyone with an ounce of sense will know that you can get BTS through VM (as a free extra with the XL pack too!) but take the information on BTSport.co.uk at face value, and you could be misled.

I suspect it is just the case that the exact deal with Virgin hasn't been confirmed yet. They are usually last to the party and I think BT have to sell through Virgin on cable while on Sky and BT they sell the product themselves.

I'm not talking about the current deal. It's always been like that. BT refuse to acknowledge VM's existence as a viable option for getting their services.
DV
DVB Cornwall

The new BT Sport ESPN live dog needs shrinking.
HC
Hatton Cross
That's the least of their worries. Getting the BT Sport family of channels in a 'block' on the Sky EPG is more important. Its a mess at the mo. You have BTS1, then BTSEurope, then At The Races, then BTS2, then MUTV and Premier Sports before you arrive at BTS ESPN. I guess ATR didn't want to move from 415 hence why we've ended up with 'hunt the channel'
NG
noggin Founding member
One thing I don't get is the absolute pig-headedness BT shows towards customers with Virgin Media / other cable. According to their website, there are only three ways to get BT Sport: Sky, BTTV and app/web. This is completely disengenuous and borders on misleading. Anyone with an ounce of sense will know that you can get BTS through VM (as a free extra with the XL pack too!) but take the information on BTSport.co.uk at face value, and you could be misled.

I suspect it is just the case that the exact deal with Virgin hasn't been confirmed yet. They are usually last to the party and I think BT have to sell through Virgin on cable while on Sky and BT they sell the product themselves.

I'm not talking about the current deal. It's always been like that. BT refuse to acknowledge VM's existence as a viable option for getting their services.

Sky hardly shout about their channels being on Virgin Media either though.
UK
UKnews
Broadcast Now (Subs) adding to the story with a paragraph indicating BT are to shortly offer the Sky Sports channels (1,2 and5*) on V+ and YouView in HD in addition to SD. (* V+ only).

That is good, now if they added 3, 4 and F1 that might just be enough for me to switch.

Although Sky 1 (just for the Simpsons), Sky Arts and Sky Atlantic would really do it, although thats just as unlikely!
BR
Brekkie
That's the least of their worries. Getting the BT Sport family of channels in a 'block' on the Sky EPG is more important. Its a mess at the mo. You have BTS1, then BTSEurope, then At The Races, then BTS2, then MUTV and Premier Sports before you arrive at BTS ESPN. I guess ATR didn't want to move from 415 hence why we've ended up with 'hunt the channel'

It is the same across the EGG though. Arguable as BT Sport has content you'll hunt out they would be better off accepting a group of channels lower down the EPG.

12 days later

DV
DVB Cornwall
Not surprising, yet still noteworthy, Ericsson have been appointed as channel delivery partners for

BT Sport UHD
BT Sport Europe
BT Sport Showcase and
BT Sport Extra's Red Button Multiscreen service

(Multiple sources)
NG
noggin Founding member
Yes - unsurprising as Red Bee (now Ericsson) were already channel deliver partners for the existing BT Sport and ESPN channels.
DV
DVB Cornwall
Hefty increases for those wanting BT Sport on the Sky Platform who have no other commercial relationship with BT

Base SD Pack rises from £12 to £19.99 with the HD version rising from £15 to £23.99 per month.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Base SD Pack rises from £12 to £19.99 with the HD version rising from £15 to £23.99 per month.

People who have Plusnet broadband and an active Sky subscription can get BT Sport on Sky at what was pretty much half price, £7.49 in HD. You just phone Plusnet up, give them your viewing card number and Bob's your uncle.

The new charges for BT Sport from Plusnet on Sky remain at pretty much half price levels or just under and are:
From 4th August ... £9.99 a month for SD and £12.49 for HD, and will include BT Sport Europe, BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2 and BT Sport ESPN.
DV
DVB Cornwall
Remember PlusNet are part of BT.
NE
newswatcher101
I don't know whether this has been mentioned, BT Sport are refurnishing their studio (in HereEast) ready for the launch of their new Europe football programmes /channel.

Newer posts