TV Home Forum

BT Sport - Launch of BT Sport Ultimate

Dolby Atmos to be introduced 28-Nov-2020 (June 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DV
DVB Cornwall
BTSportESPN branding launched in advance of today's BTSportEurope presentation.

Beginning of the end?
Last edited by DVB Cornwall on 26 November 2020 5:56pm - 13 times in total
HC
Hatton Cross
It is a cumbersome name, but BT are only licencing the name off ABC/Disney - so within reason, they can do what they want. And there is a ESPN Star Sports out in Asia so adding a local names to the brand isn't unpresidented.
RD
rdd Founding member
I think it's the eight syllables it takes to say that's the worst bit, we haven't seen the likes since UKTVG2.

Still I can see the logic of it from BT's point of view, they can now use the normal BT Sport presentation instead of the by now ancient ESPN graphics.
BA
bilky asko
rdd posted:
I think it's the eight syllables it takes to say that's the worst bit, we haven't seen the likes since UKTVG2.

Still I can see the logic of it from BT's point of view, they can now use the normal BT Sport presentation instead of the by now ancient ESPN graphics.

It's just as many syllables as Sky Sports News HQ HD (7).

EDIT: Though, I presume, there will be a BT Sport ESPN HD.
VM
VMPhil
RD
rdd Founding member

It's just as many syllables as Sky Sports News HQ HD

I don't think anyone's ever argued that was a brilliant call either! And nobody who isn't employed by Sky ever uses the "HQ HD" casually, it's always just Sky Sports News.
DV
DVB Cornwall
BTTV Changes
409 Now BT Sport Europe
411 Now BT Sport//ESPN
431 NEW BT Sport Europe HD
433 Now BT Sport//ESPN HD
GE
thegeek Founding member
Jake posted:
BT Sport Europe

I found that tweeted not long after full time last night by a certain Mr Lineker...

I did think I saw him in the canteen a few weeks back... Anyhow, I believe the press launch is about to begin, so I'm sure all will be revealed very soon.
DV
DVB Cornwall
BT has revealed that all 351 matches from the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League next season will be free for customers who take BT TV.

BT TV customers will be able to receive the full BT Sport Pack for free – comprising BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2, ESPN on BT Sport and the new BT Sport Europe channel, which launches on August 1 as the new home of top European football.

BT Broadband customers who choose to watch on their Sky service, via the BT Sport App or on BT Mobile, will be able to add the BT Sport Pack for a small charge of £5 a month.

BT also announced it will be launching a new Ultra HD channel in August, giving fans an outstanding viewing experience on BT Sport.

see here ……..

SPORT.BT.COM
09-Jun-2015 @ 10:46
JA
Jake
Quote:
Keeping its promise to make televised sport more accessible to more people, BT will give its broadband customers the option of receiving BT Sport 1 for free for a third season.

This channel will show all 38 live Barclays Premier League matches as well as the Aviva Premiership and SPFL.

So no more free BT Sport 2 and ESPN without BT TV?
RO
rob Founding member
Gary Lineker to present Champions League coverage as expected:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/09/bt-sport-gary-lineker-champions-league
UK
UKnews
Jake posted:
So no more free BT Sport 2 and ESPN without BT TV?

It would seem they are part of the 'BT Sport Pack' - £5 to watch them on Sky. Nothing mentioned about Virgin.

Newer posts