The Newsroom

ITV News

Split from ITV News 2013 Rebrand (January 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RO
rob Founding member
ITV News is set to see the biggest shakeup of its big name presenters in years, with changes being mulled including political editor Tom Bradby to present a revamped News at Ten.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/jun/08/tom-bradby-news-at-ten-itv-news
JO
Joshua
This is quite radical if true - although, I have to say I quite like Tom.

I wouldn't be sad to see Alastair go really - I know he's very popular on here but I've always found his delivery quite patronising. If Austin & Etchingham were to move to the 6.30, then the big question - really, is what happens to Mary, whose been at the helm since the late 90s IIRC.

I'd prefer Austin & Julie were still on the Ten, even if it was solo-anchoring, with Tom and Mary presenting the 6.30?

Very interesting stuff anyway...
SN
Silver Nemesis
Tom Bradby is very good and if this is true I wouldn't be surprised - they won't want to lose him. But at the same time I really hope this is either wild speculation or someone's got their wires crossed - because Austin and Etchingham really are excellent on NAT. Stewart is one of the best, a newscaster of the same calibre as Burnet and co, and Nightingale is very underrated too. Everything about ITV news is the best it's been for 10-15 years or so - network BBC bulletins are arguably in more need of a shake-up than ITV's.
SF
Selwyn Froggatt
I would be very sad if Alastair was moved away from the Evening News. He's one of the most experienced newscasters at ITN and I always enjoy his style
MA
Macalolo
That would be the worst thing to happen. Presenting line up atm is very strong! A massive change like this wouldn't be worth it for Tom Bradby.
BS
Ben Shatliff
Maybe try a three presenter line up for a new-look News At Ten with Tom assisted by Mark and Julie but leave Alastair and Mary at 6:30; ITV without Alastair would be a major loss.
SF
Selwyn Froggatt
I didn't think Tom was very good on Election Night. I watched BBC overnight, then switched to ITV to watch Alastair, who I thought was excellent
AN
Andrew Founding member
I wonder what they are thinking of with Tom Bradby? Maybe making News at Ten more analytical, a bit like Newsnight to provide an alternative to the BBC News.

Still couldn't imagine anyone turning away from the BBC News to watch ITV News at Ten though.
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
I wonder what they are thinking of with Tom Bradby? Maybe making News at Ten more analytical, a bit like Newsnight to provide an alternative to the BBC News.

Perhaps there is some audience research that says he's popular with 'hassled mums' or something.

Personally, I think he's better when being political editor than news anchor.
TV
TV Matters
Does Chris Ship / Geraint Vicnent / Romilly Weeks / Sally Bidulph still present at all?
LL
London Lite Founding member
Does Chris Ship / Geraint Vicnent / Romilly Weeks / Sally Bidulph still present at all?

Sally presented the daytime network/London shift on Sunday and is a regular on the GMB London shift.
MO
Mouseboy33
Im not sure if this ITV GE 2015 film has already been posted.
[vimeo]https://vimeo.com/129806809[/vimeo]

Newer posts