Split from BBC One (January 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
FA
fanoftv
Thank you very much for your answer.
:-(
A former member
http://tig.gy/?m=bbc1nigolf.jpg

BBC ONE Northern Ireland sting to mark the Irish Open this weekend.
CO
Colorband
I haven't seen an AR menu in our sports... but then again, I usually just watch the Super Bowl (watch? It's not watching if it's MANDATORY) and only that's for the commercials.
A former member
http://tig.gy/?m=bbc1nigolf.jpg

BBC ONE Northern Ireland sting to mark the Irish Open this weekend.

Was it only Ni who used this? mind you, if not One has to wonder if its been kept back for Scottish open in July for Scotland, and maybe for English golf game later in the year for the network?

I would be rather surprised if there was no Tennis one for you know what ...
A former member
This may be of some interest: In Scotland

Quote:
21:00 - 22:00: BBC Scotland Investigates
Ep5. Catch Me If You Can
Mark Daly goes on a journey to investigate serious allegations of doping in athletics, and becomes a doper himself.

While in rest of the UK
Quote:
21:00 - 22:00: Panorama
Catch Me If You Can
Mark Daly goes on a journey to investigate serious allegations of doping in athletics, and becomes a doper himself.
A former member
Both had different endbroads.
SW
Steve Williams
Was it only Ni who used this? mind you, if not One has to wonder if its been kept back for Scottish open in July for Scotland, and maybe for English golf game later in the year for the network?

"English golf game". They'll probably use it when they show the Open which is quite a big deal (and held in Scotland). Clearly Northern Ireland was the only nation to use it this weekend as they were the only nation showing any golf.

The rebranding of a BBC Scotland Investigates programme as a Panorama isn't that unusual, I'm sure they did it a few weeks ago. Last year too I think an hour-long BBC Scotland documentary got re-edited into half an hour and shown as a Panorama but BBC Scotland decided to show the original hour-long version instead. If the subject is relevant to the entire UK, why not?
TI
tightrope78
In 2010 the BBC Northern Ireland 'Spotlight' programme that exposed the Robinson 'affair' was rebranded as a Panorama programme for the rest of the UK.
MU
Multi
After Not Going Out tonight, the continuity announcer linked into some adverts. Three of them aired - two being film trailers for FOX, can't remember the first. They then went straight into their late night film, Tropic Thunder , with no link. How long has BBC One had adverts?
JA
Jake
Multi posted:
After Not Going Out tonight, the continuity announcer linked into some adverts. Three of them aired - two being film trailers for FOX, can't remember the first. They then went straight into their late night film, Tropic Thunder , with no link. How long has BBC One had adverts?

They're part of the film.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Multi posted:

They're not adverts, they're fake trailers. The film is satire and a parody. The trailers may be considered the highlight of the film for some viewers.
BA
bilky asko
Jake posted:
Multi posted:

They're part of the film.

Even if the very obvious parody went over your head, most pres fans would have noted the (American-style) trailer rating was a mock-up and not the correct one.

Newer posts