The Newsroom

Sky News 2015 new look

Split from Sky News presentation. Including election (May 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
FU
fusionlad Founding member
Im pretty sure a ticker appeared very very briefly before the TOTH as the promo ended.

Wasn't a ticker, was the clock. Which still isn't on screen now ten minutes in. I presume there's going to be a tickers as well, looking at the position of the graphics.

It was a clock on an empty thin line - presumably the ticker with no text.

Some gentle animation appearing with the name straps which looks quite nice.
LL
London Lite Founding member
Looks fine in HD, but haven't tried watching in SD on Freeview to compare.
FU

or you could just flick to channel 516 on Sky if you want to compare HD and SD.

Saying that, I know the Freeview picture quality for Sky News does seem dire sometimes.
GI
Gibsy
Quite like it so far tbh other than the red extension after the live and location banner, not sure at all why that is there
LL
London Lite Founding member

or you could just flick to channel 516 on Sky if you want to compare HD and SD.

Saying that, I know the Freeview picture quality for Sky News does seem dire sometimes.

Freeview is especially bad, which is why it's a better comparison to see how good/bad they look.
HB
HarryB
I'm watching Sky News on Freeview 132 on a 32" screen and to me, the graphics seems fine with their size. The correspondent aston is also fine too.

Clock and ticker is just about readable, its just appeared.
SK
skyviewer
There is a white bar under the ticker, not sure why. The logo appears to be a bit more edgy than previously.
HB
HarryB
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
There is a white bar under the ticker, not sure why.

Overscan most likely.
FU
I like the new ticker. Simple and clean. I wonder if breaking news will still be yellow.
DT
DTV
Not usually a fan of Sky News's slightly OTT graphics, but from what I've seen of this new set it is a huge improvement. None of that pointless glass effect or needless whooshes and wipes, a much needed change IMO.
GI
gillw72
Love the graphics refreh. Simple & clean.
London Lite, aconnell and fusionlad gave kudos

Newer posts