The Newsroom

Could I ever become a newscaster?

(April 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
TM
Telly Media
Brilliant Job I thought. Well put together. Good pace and natural in your delivery. You strike the right balance of being serious enough yet pleasant. You need to work on your pronunciation of 'th' so that 'thousand' and 'thanks' don't sound like 'fousand' and 'fanks', but otherwise all the best!

I think that might have more to do with regional dialect, which I actually find quite endearing ...
LL
London Lite Founding member
Brilliant Job I thought. Well put together. Good pace and natural in your delivery. You strike the right balance of being serious enough yet pleasant. You need to work on your pronunciation of 'th' so that 'thousand' and 'thanks' don't sound like 'fousand' and 'fanks', but otherwise all the best!

I think that might have more to do with regional dialect, which I actually find quite endearing ...

I remember Breakfast's Steph McGovern mentioned somewhere that she had some voice coaching which allowed her to pronounce certain worlds in standard English without losing her Teesside accent.
NE
newswatcher101
Accents are brilliant, don't you think its great for a persona to have personality?

I have, in my opinion, a very bland Dorset accent which is great for telling a story as nearly everybody can understand you!

Don't get me wrong though, I love the Yorkshire accent and think it's the best in the UK!

Newer posts