This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
Dermot to leave X Factor

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-32093238
Last edited by Square Eyes on 19 February 2016 10:51am - 9 times in total
BR
Brekkie
God, there's something in the water this week - everything seems to be coming to an end. Dermot is probably a bigger loss than any of the judges would be now.

Will be difficult to replace and just highlights how the presenting pool has dried up in recent years thanks to the erosion of kids TV - Dermots were ten a penny a decade or so ago but now they're pretty much gold dust.
:-(
A former member
Caroline Flack said recently on Celebrity Juice I think that she has a big project coming up, but I'm not sure, I can't imagine them having someone who has previously left the show.

My money is on a promotion for Sarah-Jane Crawford. I think that towards the latter part of the last series of Xtra Factor, she became rather good after a shaky start.
SE

My money is on a promotion for Sarah-Jane Crawford. I think that towards the latter part of the last series of Xtra Factor, she became rather good after a shaky start.

Really ? I thought she was terrible and certainly couldn't carry the main show.

Olly & Caroline would be ok though.
dbl, HJL and DavidWhitfield gave kudos
JC
JCB
There were rumours a few months ago Cowell had his eyes on Emma Willis. I guess he got her.
SC
scottishtv Founding member
Remember when Kate Thornton used to do it?
Hahaha. She was terrible at it.
BM
BenMacDonald
Olly Murs?
I know she was bad!
RI
Rijowhi
I'm not a fan of Olly Murs so if that happens I shall not be watching the X-Factor again. To be honest though I'm bored of the whole show and have been for a while, I'll watch it if the Wife is watching it and I've nothing better to do.

With the talk of O'Leary to Top Gear, maybe they should go for Clarkson... Very Happy Embarassed
BR
Brekkie
Olly on his own wouldn't interest me but Olly and Caroline together worked brilliantly on The Xtra Factor, although it's not the sort of show that really needs a co-host. Really don't get the appeal of Emma Willis - replacing Dermot O'Leary is a whole different ball game to replacing Brian Dowling.

Laura Whitmore is my tip, Stephen Mulhern is my fear.
GM
GMc
Olly on his own wouldn't interest me but Olly and Caroline together worked brilliantly on The Xtra Factor, although it's not the sort of show that really needs a co-host. Really don't get the appeal of Emma Willis - replacing Dermot O'Leary is a whole different ball game to replacing Brian Dowling.

Laura Whitmore is my tip, Stephen Mulhern is my fear.

I agree - no to Olly solo, but paired with Caroline, they'd be great (Caroline as lead presenter though). I've never been a fan of Laura Whitmore - she just seems cold and uninteresting.

I like Emma Willis, but don't think she'd suit X Factor. Stephen doesn't stand a chance IMO - even though I don't mind him.

The only other person I can think of that ITV would go for is Vernon Kay. He's already on their books, so to speak, and I'm sure the media would love the rivalry between husband and wife on Strictly.
SE
Well it is Olly & Caroline if this is to be believed ....

:-(
A former member
Louis will be out next I reckon.

Newer posts