TV Home Forum

Rugby World Cup 2015

ITV announces presentation line-up. (March 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LJ
Live at five with Jeremy
ITV has announced its presentation line-up for the RWC 2015.

John Inverdale will be the main anchor and will be joined by Clive Woodward, Jonny Wilkinson and Brian O'Driscoll amongst others.

Full details here: http://www.itv.com/news/2015-03-22/itv-announce-star-studded-2015-rugby-world-cup-line-up/
bkman1990, Brekkie and ASO gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
He was the front runner, but thought Mark Pougatch might be in with a chance considering he anchored the Six Nations for 5 Live and I thought ITV might be wanting to push him as the face of ITV Sport, and with no football to present this was their chance.

Everyone says it's not the BBC but for me that's a good thing - it's great to see international rugby through the eyes of people other than Jeremy Guscott, Brian Moore and Jonathan Davies once every four years. I don't mind Inverdale so can cope with that BBC presence, but could do without Clive Woodward. Great to see Francois Pienaar, Sean Fitzpatrick and Michael Lynagh continue their long association with ITV's coverage too.
MI
Michael
Plus there's always a good theme tune.
GE
Gareth E
It also highlights once again that the days of big presenting 'talent' working solely for one broadcaster are long gone.

15 years ago it would have been unthinkable to suggest the likes of John Inverdale would present rugby and tennis for ITV. Now you've got the likes of Inverdale, Clare Balding, Jill Douglas, Jonathan Edwards, Mark Pougatch, Steve Rider and (possibly from next season) Gary Lineker all doing stuff for more than one UK outlet.

Exclusivity contracts seem to be a thing of the past.
DV
DVB Cornwall
Mark Durden-Smith and Craig Doyle announced as subsidiary anchors, and fuller commentary names

here ……..

PRESSCENTRE on ITV.COM
23-Mar-2015 @ 11:16
RO
robertclark125
With no Premiership games during the pool stages of the world cup, borrowing Craig Doyle and Nick Mullins was a no brainer.

Interestingly, no mention there of Bob Symonds, unless he has retired. Also would've thought Wyn Gruffyd, of S4C, BBC Wales, Eurosport and the IRB world feed would've been a contender for some games.

Does anyone know if ITV Wales will be having their own presentation and commentators for the Wales pool matches, which could then explain where Bob and Wyn have disappeared to!
RO
Ronant
Mark Durden-Smith and Craig Doyle announced as subsidiary anchors, and fuller commentary names

here ……..

PRESSCENTRE on ITV.COM
23-Mar-2015 @ 11:16

PLEASE TALK PROPERLY! Thank you.

Mod Edit: User was warned for this post. DVB Cornwall's post made complete sense to me. If you have an issue like this please contact one of the moderators rather than shouting at another member. Bail
:-(
A former member
WOW Shocked
JO
Jon
I suggest we can all give our opinion through use of the kudos feature.
DA
davidhorman
But are we going to appear to be kudosing the original comment or Bail's moderation?

And is kudosing even a word?
BA
bilky asko
But are we going to appear to be kudosing the original comment or Bail's moderation?

And is kudosing even a word?

I think it's a matter of recognising the importance of the italicised text with DVB Cornwall's links. If they aren't read, then there is the potential for

confusion ……..

WIKI on EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG
24-Mar-2015 @ 09:43
FL
flaziola
I wonder if Tom Mcgurk and George Hook are being lined up by TV3 now that they have both retired from RTÉ

Newer posts