The Newsroom

ITV News

Split from ITV News 2013 Rebrand (January 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
FA
fanoftv
Clever how it makes it look like it's just the background that is Green screen.

Will it be designed to have a 'set' part that runs a video behind it?
GM
GMc
There were no "screens" on the National News either.
JB
JasonB
I did hear Nina apologise for the faults but I didn't really notice anything going wrong until I noticed the backdrop missing from behind her.
WH
Whataday Founding member
How long has Jonathan Hill been on the national ITV News? I only noticed this on Gogglebox tonight.
LL
London Lite Founding member
How long has Jonathan Hill been on the national ITV News? I only noticed this on Gogglebox tonight.

He's a regular of the Saturday evening rotation along with fellow ITV regional presenter Kylie Pentelow.

12 days later

LO
Londoner
Thames News has uploaded this footage of the brand new ITN building in 1991
Telly Media, newsman1 and London Lite gave kudos
WH
Whataday Founding member
The red LED clocks seem to have been removed from the ITV News backdrop? Are they only used on certain bulletins?
Last edited by Whataday on 18 March 2015 10:30pm
GM
Gary McEwan
The red LED clocks seem to have been removed from the ITV News backdrop? Are they only used on certain bulletins?

Nah they used to be there all the time, have no idea why they have disappeared now though...
NI
Nicky
Have they really been removed? I didn't catch last night's NAT but the world times were still very much present on yesterday's Budget 2015 special:

GM
GMc
Have they really been removed? I didn't catch last night's NAT but the world times were still very much present on yesterday's Budget 2015 special.

No sign of it on the Lunchtime News.
TW
tweedledum
The clock is back.
DT
DTV
Could it be that some shots are pre recorded and it is therefore removed in those shots to avoid giving an incorrect time?

Newer posts