TV Home Forum

BBC Two 2015 with 90s idents

NEW: Dragons Den ident with a nod to the past (January 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CA
Cavan
BBC TWO Wales showed the Cuckoo Hooligan sting last night. Does that mean the other sting variants are returning?
DP
D.Page
Cavan posted:
BBC TWO Wales showed the Cuckoo Hooligan sting last night. Does that mean the other sting variants are returning?

I don't closely follow BBC2 Wales at present, but I did see one shown a few weeks ago, can't remember which one now. I may be wrong but it could have been Ballet, if I remember correctly.

I would assume they will only show some or all of the stings also being aired on Network(?)
CA
Cavan
Cavan posted:

I don't closely follow BBC2 Wales at present, but I did see one shown a few weeks ago, can't remember which one now. I may be wrong but it could have been Ballet, if I remember correctly.

I would assume they will only show some or all of the stings also being aired on Network(?)

I think you may have misunderstood my post. Up until now, only one of the two Cuckoo variants were shown - the variant without the "cuckoo". However, last night, BBC TWO Wales showed the second variant.

Cuckoo Clock sting from Presentation Archive
Cuckoo Hooligan sting from Presentation Archive
Last edited by Cavan on 22 February 2015 4:03pm
DP
D.Page
Cavan posted:
Cavan posted:

I think you may have misunderstood my post. Up until now, only one of the two Cuckoo variants were shown - the variant without the "cuckoo". However, last night, BBC TWO Wales showed the second variant.

Cuckoo Clock sting from Presentation Archive
Cuckoo Hooligan sting from Presentation Archive

Oh, I see what you mean. That's interesting, I'll keep a look out for that one on Wales.

There seems to be a third variant in existence, as well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5hePZ6s1FM
DP
D.Page
Both NI and Wales showed Cuckoo Hooligan sting, before BBC News at 11AM (Network showed Cuckoo Clock sting).
PF
PFML84
In the YouTube Gold thread there's another BBC TWO ident I'd never seen before for their football coverage / Goal TV.

IS
Inspector Sands
They used to have special idents as part of their various theme nights, usually they weren't seen again because they were just for that night

43 days later

:-(
A former member
On BBC TWO NI this afternoon:

http://tig.gy/?m=bbc2ni-shadow.jpg

Video here
Mr Kite, benriggers and Cavan gave kudos
MI
Michael
BBC Two Wales had the black blow-up 2 sting in the greenhouse the other day.

(1:46 in this compilation : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EWF471kt_I)
NC
NC5
BBC Two Wales had the black blow-up 2 sting in the greenhouse the other day.

(1:46 in this compilation : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EWF471kt_I)

That is also available for use on Network and is broadcast occasionally.

(I rarely use it if I'm deliberately placing it, as it doesn't seem to fit as well next to current trails compared to many of the others. I'll try it with the next gardening programme, perhaps.)
Ant, Cavan and denton gave kudos
LO
looknorth
Do network have any plans to add more idents from the 90s set? Optics, Arial, Wave, Paint and Excalibur spring to mind as some of the best ones being overlooked.

Still great to see the set back.
DP
D.Page
I doubt it, but bear in mind Paint is occasionally shown during Afternoon Classics on Network, and what's more, it's shown without that oversized teal box logo they insist on using with the idents outside of AC.

Newer posts