The Newsroom

Arise News

Off the Sky EPG (November 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WA
watchingtv
Michael Wilson is down as Economics Editor & Director of Business.
LL
London Lite Founding member
Ex RT correspondent Sara Firth has been on Arise today, reporting on the fire at London's Charing Cross station.

18 days later

RO
rob Founding member
Arise News to launch on Freeview:

http://www.a516digital.com/2014/12/arise-news-arrives-on-freeview.html
London Lite and bilky asko gave kudos
LL
Great news. Shame it's going to be on COM7 though.

70 days later

LL
The current edition of Private Eye has made allegations that staff on Arise have been paid late or not at all. At the beginning of February, the channel showed repeats for four days due to technicians walking out.
NY
NYTV
The current edition of Private Eye has made allegations that staff on Arise have been paid late or not at all. At the beginning of February, the channel showed repeats for four days due to technicians walking out.

Not the first time Arise had this issue. Previously, someone tweeted out that the staff weren't paid for a period. It's on the previous thread page.
GO
gottago
Every time I've tuned in to this channel I've found it to either be airing some awful entertainment news programme with a load of unrecognisable celebrities saying "you're watching Arise News" about 10 times before going into the break, or it's been a live link with one of their reporters being asked endless, inane, boring questions about some African election. It really doesn't cut the mustard.
TC
TonyCurrie
I notice their website carries the unencouraging codicil "Copyright 2013". Oh, I
really hope not.
AB
ABC Australia
They haven't uploaded any of their news programs to their website since late 2014 either
LL
I doubt the news bulletins are live either. I've seen a bulletin go out on a 30 min loop, especially at weekends.
DA
DAN09690
They haven't uploaded any of their news programs to their website since late 2014 either

...and the archived programmes don't actually play - along with the 'live' stream.
CN
cnnfan1230
I think that Arise News is bankrupt...

Newer posts