TV Home Forum

The Big Breakfast

Where life used to start at 7. (January 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WH
Whataday Founding member
I like it!
ST
stevek2
I do think those images date from a couple of years ago - I've not heard of it being featured on any shows since then so it is possible the house is now in full private ownership and it's someone who treats it as their own home rather than a piece of TV history, which is fair enough.

The house is in a state where it isn't being left to ruin and is being well maintained - I'd like to think of the current tennants as just looking after it until the show returns triumphantly in the not too distant future.

Well Dr who returned 16 years after being axed so in 2018 you never know what might happen
BA
bilky asko
I do think those images date from a couple of years ago - I've not heard of it being featured on any shows since then so it is possible the house is now in full private ownership and it's someone who treats it as their own home rather than a piece of TV history, which is fair enough.

The house is in a state where it isn't being left to ruin and is being well maintained - I'd like to think of the current tennants as just looking after it until the show returns triumphantly in the not too distant future.

Well Dr who returned 16 years after being axed so in 2018 you never know what might happen

But they didn't have to buy the TARDIS back from someone who was living in it, did they?
JB
JasonB
There's some interesting information about the old Planet 24 Building and a plan of what appears to be for the final of the find me a weather presenter marquees and stuff on here:

http://www.tvstudiohistory.co.uk/independent%20tv%20studios.htm#lock keepers cottag

It does take you to the correct page even though it's not all hyperlinked for some reason.
JB
JasonB
The first 9 minutes of The Biggest Breakfast Ever:

London Lite, fanoftv and Inspector Sands gave kudos
ST
Stedixon
posted by mistake, *ignore*
FA
fanoftv
How nice to see that clip again of The Biggest Breakfast Ever. This was one of my favourite eras of the programme. I much preferred the Johnny & Liza partnership to Johnny & Denise. The set was colourful, but not outdated (as I found the last set to be).

The crew had a lot of energy, and I remember this BBE being amazingly packed. The only time that it felt slightly like filler was when it came to the Jenny McCarthy highlights section.
BR
Brekkie
And filler I suspect it was, but agree it was a brilliant show and easily the best entertainment offering of the night. Also a great reworking of the opening.

Had Jasmine Lowson started on the news by then or was it still Phil Gayle? Think that might have been the one and only time Kelly Dalglish read the news.
FA
fanoftv
It was still Phil Gayle as this promo for the evening shows:

Arrow Skip to 31 seconds in.

In the trailer Johnny says that they'll all be there, yet Phil & Coxy were absent. It may have been the only time, and a good job she did of it too.
JB
JasonB
It was a surprise for me to see the show on at 1.30am on that day and I had just returned home from the failed river of fire. I got home and as I switched the TV on the first blooper package was being played out which saw Gaby Roslin getting hit in the face with an umbrella on a very windy day!
MA
mannewskev
It was still Phil Gayle as this promo for the evening shows:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68ScIA2UEjE
Arrow Skip to 31 seconds in.

In the trailer Johnny says that they'll all be there, yet Phil & Coxy were absent. It may have been the only time, and a good job she did of it too.

No idea why Phil Gayle wasn't there, as he was in all the pre-publicity for the show. Sara Cox had just landed the Radio 1 breakfast show so didn't reappear after the last live show of 1999 and the pre-records. She was replaced by Gail Porter and Donna Air.
IS
Inspector Sands
Was Phil Gayle not on the programme at all, or just not the newsreader at the beginning? Maybe he was on the second shift?

Newer posts