TV Home Forum

Foreign drama thread (BBC4, C4's Walter Pres, Sky Arts etc)

(October 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
KM
KieraMcLean
The series is fabulous. I never miss that. If it will miss with some reason, then I will check it over the web online.
DV
dvboy
Just seen a trailer for The Legacy starting on Sky Arts on 26 November.

24 days later

DV
dvboy
Watched the first episode of The Legacy today, looks good.

A new four-part Wallander, "Faceless Killers", starts on BBC 4 on Boxing Day with a double bill, continuing New Years Day.

11 days later

DV
dvboy
Season 5 of`Spiral starts on BBC4 on 10 January
NG
noggin Founding member
dvboy posted:
Watched the first episode of The Legacy today, looks good.

A new four-part Wallander, "Faceless Killers", starts on BBC 4 on Boxing Day with a double bill, continuing New Years Day.

Though the Wallander is hardly new. It's one of the original SVT adaptations starring Rolf Lassgård, which pre-date the Krister Henriksson TV4 and Kenneth Branagh BBC series. It was made nearly 20 years ago.
LL
London Lite Founding member
dvboy posted:
Season 5 of`Spiral starts on BBC4 on 10 January

About time!

20 days later

DV
dvboy
30 Degrees in February starts on Sky Arts 1 on 13 February.
Quote:
30 Degrees in February is a 10 x 60-minute drama that follows a group of Swedes that leave Scandinavia for Thailand as part of a life-changing adventure.

It is produced by Swedish indie Fundament Film, run by former Tre Vanner exec Lars Petterson, and Thai indie Santa Films for Swedish public broadcaster SVT.

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/international/sky-arts-moves-into-foreign-comedy/5079376.article
NG
noggin Founding member
dvboy posted:
30 Degrees in February starts on Sky Arts 1 on 13 February.
Quote:
30 Degrees in February is a 10 x 60-minute drama that follows a group of Swedes that leave Scandinavia for Thailand as part of a life-changing adventure.

It is produced by Swedish indie Fundament Film, run by former Tre Vanner exec Lars Petterson, and Thai indie Santa Films for Swedish public broadcaster SVT.

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/international/sky-arts-moves-into-foreign-comedy/5079376.article

Didn't really do a lot for me when I watched it on SVT. May be a bit home grown to travel.

It's a pity that the original "Real Humans" hasn't been picked up because of the Kudos re-make. Hopefully someone will pick up "Blue Eyes" which ran recently on SVT.

I'm surprised that the Fjällbacka Murders, Sandman Murders and the Annika Bengtzon series haven't been picked up by UK broadcasters, or Irene Huss or the Beck series for that matter. They've just started to make a few more Beck films.
DV
dvboy
I wonder if Spiral might be postponed given events in Paris this week. Certainly they'll be looking at the episodes' content.

Edit: It wasn't
Last edited by dvboy on 1 February 2015 2:11pm

24 days later

DV
dvboy
A trailer for Israeli drama series Hostages went out between last night's two episodes of Spiral. It's "coming soon" which I assume to mean it will follow Spiral in the Saturday night slot from 21 February. We've been waiting since the BBC announced they'd acquired this in December 2013
Last edited by dvboy on 15 March 2015 7:07pm - 4 times in total

14 days later

DV
dvboy
Spiral's showrunner Anne Landois did an online Q&A on the BBC website last night:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/tv/entries/84f68f3a-e9dd-4609-a5af-2d9053e462f8?filter=EditorPicks#comments
NG
noggin Founding member
Hostages has appeared on the BBC Four listings as a 2100/2200 double bill on Sat 21st Feb. Looks to be 10 episodes, so presumably will run for 5 weeks if they continue the usually double-billing.

For those who like The Legacy/Arvingerne, series 2 is currently being broadcast on DR in Denmark, so hopefully Sky Arts will pick it up.

Am also hoping that the DR series 1864 pops up on BBC Four soon. Really looking forward to it.

It is a real pity that Kudos are remaking the SVT series Äkta Människor aka Real Humans / Humans - and thus it hasn't really sold internationally. I enjoyed the first series - it was a really different kind of series to the crime and politics stuff we get. Nice to see a sci-fi approach from a non-English speaking broadcaster.

Newer posts