TV Home Forum

BBC Two 2015 with 90s idents

NEW: Dragons Den ident with a nod to the past (January 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
FI
FrancisIdents
With luck, England's refresh (so to speak) will pass like the October 2008 one did.

Someone will pull the plug and switch over to NI's style, right?
Last edited by FrancisIdents on 4 February 2015 4:47pm
CA
Cavan

Here's Silk. I haven't got B/W Copper Cutout unfortunately.
JO
Jonny
Well it's not so much a refresh as it's no longer the 50th anniversary year, the idents needed updating with the regular BBC Two logo, that's still the official, regular BBC Two logo. Even though it hasn't been used as it was primarily designed for since 2009.

Unfortunately, no greater applied design thought than that (colour and size, advanced stuff here), however it could always be worse.
GM
nodnirG kraM
Cavan posted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f7vPEfjV9k

Here's Silk. I haven't got B/W Copper Cutout unfortunately.

It's good. It's far better than in the flippin box. But it doesn't quite work like that. To my eye there's too much information to dissolve on simply like that.

Perhaps an animated form up could add something here.
GM
nodnirG kraM
But then I guess I'm used to seeing Network without any additional flags below the logo.
CY
cylon6
Cavan posted:
BBC TWO Northern Ireland aired Silk before the New Years Day Concert .

I'm glad the 90s 2s are back but Network should follow BBC Northern Ireland's lead. They look great with a centred 'BBC TWO' underneath.
CY
cylon6
Jonny posted:
I do love it when NI go into well b*llcks to that, we'll air the best ones and we'll air them right mode. Well done, again.

Oh and the best part has to be they finally decided to reduce the size of the Subtitles tag on Predator and Swan. Because that looked way too cumbersome. "Now we'll just put this massive block of opaque colour over here. Perfect."

It's because people in Northern Ireland are real pres fans as well as working in it. They just get it. They wouldn't have butchered the BBC 1 circle idents the way network did.
DP
D.Page
NI showed Balloon (in widescreen), before Snow Wolf Family and Me.

Beautiful !!!
CA
Cavan
BBC TWO Northern Ireland just aired the Balloon ident into Snow Wolf Family and Me . They also broadcast the Dog ident into Coast .

FI
FrancisIdents
Here's Balloon captured on video:

Anyone interested can watch BBC Two NI here.
:-(
A former member
This could go on a while: I've been told there are 36 BBC Two Northern Ireland symbols to watch out for!
DP
D.Page
I think there were around about 36 regular idents between 1991-2001.

...and with the centralised logo, there's no longer any clash between logo and on-screen 2 with the showing of the gorilla idents.
Last edited by D.Page on 1 January 2015 2:10pm - 2 times in total

Newer posts