TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain - the launch

(April 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BA
bazinga
Sean is doing well so far, good chemistry with Kate.
FA
fanoftv
A good programme and a good mix with Kate, Sean and Ranvir. Good in depth look at the missing air line, lighter features, Sean presenting the sport and a good bit of fun banter. It seemed to flow well - except for the introduction of Ranvir with other news which seems odd and breaks it up rather than Ranvir just reading the next headline.

I didn't notice a break until 7:40 (ish). Considering it is a shorter programme they did repeat a lot of content still.

They also announced a low sugar diet plan starting in January.
BA
bazinga
A good programme and a good mix with Kate, Sean and Ranvir. Good in depth look at the missing air line, lighter features, Sean presenting the sport and a good bit of fun banter. It seemed to flow well - except for the introduction of Ranvir with other news which seems odd and breaks it up rather than Ranvir just reading the next headline.

I didn't notice a break until 7:40 (ish). Considering it is a shorter programme they did repeat a lot of content still.

They also announced a low sugar diet plan starting in January.

The whole show content and presenter wise felt much better, although obviously resources were tight considering the Time of year. To my happiness, there was very little to cover showbiz wise. In my opinion the program is better it without big ego Reid. Sean, Kate and ranvirs pairing felt easier to watch imo.
watchingtv and TV Archive gave kudos
PA
PATV Scunthorpe
It seemed as though GMB had a normal ticker as they opened today, but shortly after 7am they just changed it to this:

| itv NEWS | MONDAY 29th DEMECEMER 2014 | CONTACT US | @GMB ... facebook.com/GMB | itv News | MONDAY etc. |
BS
Ben Shatliff
Do we think that Susannah Reid should go on to something else; maybe she could do an Oprah Winfrey style show or serious debate programme for ITV?
BR
Brekkie
Do we think that Susannah Reid should go on to something else; maybe she could do an Oprah Winfrey style show or serious debate programme for ITV?

I don't think it would be to ITV's advantage (or hers) to move her at the moment. If she went anywhere the only place I could see at the moment is replacing Lorraine should she decide to finish her show.

Odd that ITV Breakfast are happy to run kids shows on the Bank Holidays but are airing Dinner Date at 6am rather than CITV while GMB starts at 7am,
FA
fanoftv
It seemed as though GMB had a normal ticker as they opened today, but shortly after 7am they just changed it to this:

| itv NEWS | MONDAY 29th DEMECEMER 2014 | CONTACT US | @GMB ... facebook.com/GMB | itv News | MONDAY etc. |

I've just checked back and I didn't see a ticker appear on itv hd.
WA
watchingtv
There was no ticker that I remember when watching this afternoon in ITV Player.

Which is a shame I it complements the rest of the graphics and feels newsier.
DavidWhitfield and fanoftv gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
Would they put a ticker on the ITV Player version - don't really see the point in that if there is the option not too. Indeed it's a wonder they don't place a big strap over it saying you're watching a recording and the news may be out of date.
NE
neilly
I thought Sean did well today alongside Kate fronting GMB. He did seem a tad nervous which was understandable given that this was his debut as a main presenter. He seemed to handle the serious items and light features well and had good banter with the rest of the team. I think today has shown he is perfectly capable of standing in and with more confidence could grow into the role as relief presenter. It would be good to see him share relief presenting duties with John during the holidays.

On the question of Susanna Reid, I know a lot of people simply do not her style of presenting, Everybody is entitled to their own opinions, however she has grown on me. She does still struggle with the light/showbiz features. I do not think she will be moving on anytime soon.

I disagree with the comments about the show's content today. Was it really necessary to have two live links to Los Angeles talking about inane celebrity rubbish. They could have had more in-depth interviews looking at the major headlines i.e. missing Asian airliner, major ferry fire or stranded tourists in France. I felt the show was a bit lazy, dull and repetitive. I am fully aware resources are always stretched this time of year. They still need to achieve a better balance between the light and serious items (in my opinion).
FA
fanoftv
I agree about the repetitive nature especially as the programme was only 90 minutes long. I didn't see a point in the feature at all really except for having something to put into the sponsored entertainment slot, why they featured it twice I don't know.

I liked the fact pack with Ranvir talking through the facts of the airline story at the big screen.

A 6-8 minute paper review would have been nice today.
PA
PATV Scunthorpe
(Going back to the ticker)

(Everything applies to Monday 29th not today)

The ticker didn't appear on-screen but if you look at the 7am opening as the camera zooms down after the opening (just before it fades to Kate and Sean, on the ticker above the desk) you can see something like | TO INCOURAGE PEOPLE TO STOP SMOKING | or something like that, which could possibly say they could have had the ticker on-screen.

But then a few minutes later (Most noticeable at the 8am opening), the ticker just says

(Also, if I knew how to put in photos then I would put in photos)

Newer posts