(September 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DB
dbl
CBC ID 2014:
:-(
A former member
Some more CBC presentation:

Also, mouseboy33 - What is your take on CTV's Canada AM? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts, though I'm not sure if this is the correct thread or not.
MO
Mouseboy33

Also, mouseboy33 - What is your take on CTV's Canada AM? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts, though I'm not sure if this is the correct thread or not.

I have watched in the past. Its really not my favorite morning show. There isnt anything particularly objectionable about it. I just find it a bit of a blast from the past. Whilst I destest what has happened to TODAY and GMA, CTV AM CANADA reminds me a bit of GMA from the early 80s. I was not a fan when i was a kid. I preferred TODAY back then. I find it all a bit "generic". Thats not to say its not solid journalistically. News-wise its good. Its backed by CTV News.
But over its just "OK". Its not my favorite. I think bland comes to mind. Its neither here nor there.
But presentation wise...
They use CTV basic news graphics. The music is forgettable. The anchors/presenters....ehh. Marci Eni tends to stumble over her words a bit. I find it annoying and Bev always looks like she rather be doing something else. What I dont like about CTV AM CANADA is the set. It find it all kinds of beige...sorta like the broadcast its not really "anything". I actually hate it. Its shockingly bad. Its quite boring. Is quite narrow. I dont like how the soft area is behind the anchor desk. Obviously there are space constraints. I just dont like it. (Similar to what MEET THE PRESS on NBC is doing...UGH)
I'm not always impressed with CTV News sets. Its too much of a mixed bag. I wish they would pick a style. They have a cool ultra modern CTV news channel set. The main national broadcast uses the main newsroom as the backdrop at CTV HQ at 9 Channel Nine Court next to the NewsChannel set. But then the affiliates are all over the shop. I actually prefer some of the local Canadian morning shows. Breakfast Televsion is a bit more peppy but not overly silly.
http://www.newscaststudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/DSC02237-594x450.jpg
Last edited by Mouseboy33 on 9 December 2014 6:46pm
WW
WW Update
I really like this ProSieben ident from 1995:

AG
AxG
Some French Christmas press:

lenodal.com - France 3
lenodal.com - M6
lenodal.com - OCS
AG
AxG
Thought I would post this as well, a Christmas promo from TVE, which reminds me of the ITV1 Christmas ident in 2012, and the current ITV3 idents.
DB
dbl
Liking France 3's continuation of the animals for Christmas.
FA
fanoftv
AxG posted:
Thought I would post this as well, a Christmas promo from TVE, which reminds me of the ITV1 Christmas ident in 2012, and the current ITV3 idents.
http://vimeo.com/113491157

You are right it is like a mix of itv1's Christmas 2012 and current itv3.
They are beautiful, and the music is gorgeous.
VI
Viakenny
It's December, which means it's time for the Brazilian networks' holiday promos:

First, Globo's promo, with a new version of their signature holiday song, kicking off their 50th anniversary celebrations in 2015:

And here is SBT's promo:
FA
fanoftv

I love the modelled feel to the M6 idents, they are beautifully created and have a lovely Christmas charm to them. I love the day and night versions too. A lovely touch.
WW
WW Update
The moment when the German channel VIVA became Comedy Central: (Edit: NEVER MIND! It turns out that VIVA and Comedy Central share a channel. They are both still around; this is just how they transition from one to another. Sorry! )

Last edited by WW Update on 29 December 2014 2:57am
BA
bilky asko
That VIVA DOG is very distracting, though innovative.

Newer posts