« Topics
dosxuk4,215 posts since 22 Oct 2005
Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)

Is there any more Sheffield Live footage ? I could do with a good laugh. Very Happy

Just watch the first of my videos again. Apart from the actual news headlines, it's identical to what went out tonight.

The managed to make it to 19 minutes of their flagship news programme tonight. I'm starting to think they're parodying themselves though - one report of vox pops had every single person out of focus, pin sharp background and wind / traffic noise over the top of them speaking.

ETA: Here they are doing an interview yesterday.
Last edited by dosxuk on 10 October 2014 8:12pm
steveboswell496 posts since 8 Feb 2006
A couple of Sheffield Live! promos for you here:

A classic example of not having much stock footage to play with, or even the nous (ability? facility? ) to put any contact information on the screen!

These ads go out every night, at virtually the same time every day. We've had a couple of different newsreaders over the past few days, all with much the same level of experience, but otherwise the channel is already feeling quite stale.
Brekkie31,981 posts since 4 Jan 2003
HTV Wales Wales Today
Birmingham likely to be readvertised after Ofcom rejected the Administrator's preferred bidder to take over the licence.

@birminghampost: Local TV licence bidder for Birmingham rejected by Ofcom: Regulator throws out bid despite receiving backing f... http://bit.ly/1siJA4W

As it should be - it's not the administrators spectrum to give away.
I preferred the internet when it had a sense of humour.
dosxuk4,215 posts since 22 Oct 2005
These ads go out every night, at virtually the same time every day. We've had a couple of different newsreaders over the past few days, all with much the same level of experience, but otherwise the channel is already feeling quite stale.

It's not just those promos, the entire 6.10 - 6.30pm segment was the same today as it was three weeks ago.

Even ignoring the fact the segment is entitled "What's On Sheffield", with an EPG description along the lines of "a look at what's going on in Sheffield's arts, music, entertainment and other activities" and actually just shows random bits of programmes "produced" for the channel, repeating the same thing every day is pathetic.

The start of tonight's Talking Sheffield was another technical disaster too, with the presenters mic clipping on every word. They ended up turning everything down to the point of being inaudible.

I wonder how bad things have to be for OFCOM to revoke a licence?
globaltraffic24454 posts since 23 Jun 2013
STV Central Reporting Scotland
I'm really surprised that we haven't yet been treated to screen grabs or video clips of idents, news programming, etc for Made in Bristol. The complete lack of apparent interest makes me fear that it's possibly a total damp squib. Made in Cardiff launches tomorrow. Let's hope the Welsh are better at getting clips on here! Razz