TV Home Forum

Local TV

Are you local? (July 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
Is there actually a schedule for Made in Bristol TV ? They appear to have a website that features no details about their programming - quite an achievement. Am I expecting too much ?

Is there any more Sheffield Live footage ? I could do with a good laugh. Very Happy
ST
steveboswell
I've got some snippets of Sheffield Live, just need to sort them out - should have some up tomorrow.
TI
timbouk
Well I've seen two local weather updates on 'Made in Bristol' tonight, at about 7.30pm and one at 7.55pm.

Both the same ( which isn't a problem) but was made up of an hour-by-hour guide from 7am this morning until 10pm. Nothing about tomorrow and clearly been on a loop since 6am this morning.
BR
Brekkie
Is there actually a schedule for Made in Bristol TV ? They appear to have a website that features no details about their programming - quite an achievement. Am I expecting too much ?

That seems to be quite common with these local channels - with most of them it's been difficult to get a schedule prior to launch, and with some even afterwards.
SE

That seems to be quite common with these local channels - with most of them it's been difficult to get a schedule prior to launch, and with some even afterwards.

For all its awfulness at least London Live has a regularly published schedule and operates like a proper TV channel.
TI
timbouk
At 9pm I've just watched the local news on 'Made in Bristol' which according to the EPG is called 'the 9'. What was actually broadcast was 'the 6', so a straight repeat from 6pm. At the end of the presenter said 'I'm back at 9'. All very confusing. Not sure if the 'the 9' failed to air for some reason or it's just a rather confusing way of replaying the output.
SE
Do Made In Bristol TV have a Breakfast Show ? It was in their sample schedule as part of their bid. (Although it might just be a text information service).
Last edited by Square Eyes on 9 October 2014 9:48pm
BR
Brekkie
At 9pm I've just watched the local news on 'Made in Bristol' which according to the EPG is called 'the 9'. What was actually broadcast was 'the 6', so a straight repeat from 6pm. At the end of the presenter said 'I'm back at 9'. All very confusing. Not sure if the 'the 9' failed to air for some reason or it's just a rather confusing way of replaying the output.

Do they play it out upside down? Wink
DB
dbl
MADE in Bristol caps/vids pretty please... Laughing Smile
DV
dvboy
Birmingham likely to be readvertised after Ofcom rejected the Administrator's preferred bidder to take over the licence.

@birminghampost: Local TV licence bidder for Birmingham rejected by Ofcom: Regulator throws out bid despite receiving backing f... http://bit.ly/1siJA4W
HT
HTV Best
Do Made In Bristol TV have a Breakfast Show ? It was in their sample schedule as part of their bid. (Although it might just be a text information service).

No, breakfast appears to be the same loop that was played the evening before. Despite the EPG saying the morning programme is called Wake up Bristol, its still showing last nights "The 9" or in todays case "the 6". Its a shame, news, travel, weather and what's on would be something I'd tune into a 6 am in the morning... but a cookery show..nah!
HT
HTV Best

Its odd why they chosen to be so specific about the time when naming the news bulletins - Surely something more generic, like Bristol Today would help them hide the fact they are repeating bulletins?

I'm sure on twitter a while back there was a picture of a studio as well but that appears to have gone in favour of standing in darkly painted room with some pop up display stands with Made in Bristol on it.

Newer posts