TV Home Forum

Christmas presentation thread

NOT BBC ;) (October 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
FA
fanoftv
The red curtain refers to the 2012 idents with the glittery symbols and shrek appearing around the theatre curtain.
BR
Brekkie
I couldn't even remember last years idents, and when I looked them up it's no surprise.
WI
Wicko
The red curtain refers to the 2012 idents with the glittery symbols and shrek appearing around the theatre curtain.

Yep, they're the ones! The thing about the 2006 and 2010 ones were they not programme specific so could easily be re-used and because they haven't used for a while it really wouldn't matter!
GW
Gareth Williams
I would also mention the 2007 penguins ident as that wasn't programme specific but they use that one for everyday use now (albeit without a tree) due to it's popularity. The one they used last year wasn't too bad but the red curtain one was just bland, it wasn't really Christmassy at all. Wonder what one they'd have in store this year?
RE
remlap
Here's some clean More4 Christmas Idents.

GM
nodnirG kraM
Is everybody forgetting and forgiving and just moving on from the absolutely hideous situation in 2003? My entire family had the worst christmas ever because of the disgusting decision to re-air the previous year's idents.

Shame on you, BBC. Boo hiss boo.
YO
yogibarney
It's not the first time Food Network were having a Christmas weekend but also they had another one either late August or early September.
And not forgetting obviously QVC who always have a Christmas In July.
FA
fanoftv
Is everybody forgetting and forgiving and just moving on from the absolutely hideous situation in 2003? My entire family had the worst christmas ever because of the disgusting decision to re-air the previous year's idents.

That is very true. Surely budgets are even tighter than they were back then, but they can put together something.

In 2007 when the penguins joined the snowball ident, I thought that they would continue with the mix of festive idents rather than the themed couple of years. Maybe they should have added the Wallace & Gromit to the rest - it did become quite repetitive towards the end.

I think of the past few years the 2011 campaign worked very well. Possibly cheaper than creating a new animation, it had the long promo and was easily edited into idents, it made Christmas feel like a big event for BBC One, and showcased the stars very well imo.
LL
Larry the Loafer

Didn't they do the same trick by using the snowball ident for two years on the run? I wouldn't hold it against them for reusing it this year though, it was a good ident.
GM
nodnirG kraM
Snowball was used in 2007 in addition to Penguins - I seem to recall as the "news" ident, just in case there was some tsunami or something so that a bunch of jolly penguins didn't introduce it.

2003 was just a complete rerun of 2002's ident and stings.
GM
nodnirG kraM
I wouldn't hold it against them for reusing it this year though, it was a good ident.

It was a superb ident. Beautifully shot, great soundtrack - and the sparkle around the logo build up was classy too.
ST
Stedixon
I must be the only one who liked last years BBC One presentation bundle then?

Newer posts