The Newsroom

Newsround: New look launched

(June 2014)

HB
HarryB Meridian (Thames Valley) South Today
It seems to be very soon!

https://twitter.com/jamesmobbs/status/510451575379492864
JA
JAS84 Yorkshire Look North (E.Yorks & Lincs)
Around a month, eh? Half term would make sense. That other tweeter there has a point too - CBBC is overdue for a relaunch itself. I assume the reason why they haven't changed for seven years is the same reason BBC One and BBC Two haven't relaunched for the same time period.
CR
Critique Anglia (East) Look East
Enjoyed former member Michael Adams' response tweets there - loving his expert knowledge of the way TV works.
623058: it just seems like your an mp3 whore
FA
fanoftv Central (West) Midlands Today
The CBBC look has been updated over the 7 years, the move to Salford helped by changing the set, and it's something that works. However as a child I used to always love a relaunch or change in presentation, maybe the kids of today are hopeful of that too.

As for the tweets, it's a shame that the screens are staying. With their black lines breaking up the bigger image I don't think they work well.
Interesting that they will be using the breakfast/NWT set for pre recorded interviews. Surely they should have been the design of their smaller studio on that. I'm intrigued by what the new logo will be. The simplicity of the current one is what has enabled it to be used for over 12 years.
HB
HarryB Meridian (Thames Valley) South Today
New look for NR should air in around a months time.

With a "very slick looking refreshed set"
FA
My apologies as I've now seen the new version with equally annoying kids at the end.
JA
JAS84 Yorkshire Look North (E.Yorks & Lincs)
^You're referring to the new CBBC idents? Looks like the post you was replying to got moved.
FA
JAS84 posted:
^You're referring to the new CBBC idents? Looks like the post you was replying to got moved.

It did indeed. Darn it!

11 days later

TC
TCOTV
Looking at James' twitter looks like the relaunch happens on Monday 13th October.
FA
Is newsround not already blue - for the background at least?

When watching every newsround seems to be a proper show with reports. The 2002 way of having headline updates meant that more news could be given in a shorter time and prompted people to watch the main show. Is there even a main show anymore or are they just short programmes in the middle of some other programmes?
MU
Multi Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
Is newsround not already blue - for the background at least?

When watching every newsround seems to be a proper show with reports. The 2002 way of having headline updates meant that more news could be given in a shorter time and prompted people to watch the main show. Is there even a main show anymore or are they just short programmes in the middle of some other programmes?

I think there's 4 bulletins a day - 2 in the early morning and 2 in the early afternoon. On weekends there's 3 a day?
MU
Multi Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
TCOTV posted:
Looking at James' twitter looks like the relaunch happens on Monday 13th October.

And the colour scheme is blue!

Newer posts