TV Home Forum

BBC Two 50th Year Presentation

90s idents return! Split from BBC Two Rebrand and Onwards (April 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
VM
VMPhil
I've never seen that HD/NI transition before on the box! That's such a simple but clever way of dealing with such a specific problem.
CA
Cavan
I've never seen that HD/NI transition before on the box! That's such a simple but clever way of dealing with such a specific problem.

I think the transition has been used since the March 2013 refresh - do correct me if I'm wrong. But I still agree with you, it's a very nice touch.
PE
Pete Founding member
Can I please send 6x kudos for that Thals & Kahled anno.

I believe they can be exchanged for 70 nectar points but don't quote me on that.
PC
Paul Clark
Saw BBC TWO finish up last night and caught my interest that they went into the clean-symbol overnight loop with Predator... So thought I'd record the rest.

The programme clips are the same, however the 50 Years 1990s symbols now appear between all of them, in differing lengths.

Most of these are quite short inserts, but a few run for longer - notably Paint Pot.

DP
D.Page
Whether done in error or not, it may be worth mentioning NI and Wales have shown the following idents with clean audio:

NI:
Swan (17"), 6:30pm Tue 22nd July

Wales:
Duck (15"), 11:20pm Thur 31st July
Predator (19"), 2:45pm Wed 13 Aug
Last edited by D.Page on 21 August 2014 6:11pm
DP
D.Page
Ducks sting shown on NI, before The Belgium Grand Prix (12:55pm).

Description in The TV Room: "BBC Two sting - Ducks. Not a lot of animation in this one. The '2' is static whilst the numerous ducks bob up and down in the bath; lots of squeaking."

edit ... Jaws sting, before Flog It!

The TV Room: "BBC Two sting - Jaws. The third in this family of shorts. This one features the duck '2' swimming through the bubble bath squeaking the theme from Jaws."

and:

Dr Who ident ('Dalek' version), before Two Tribes.
Last edited by D.Page on 22 August 2014 6:04pm - 5 times in total
PC
Paul Clark
Great to see the Woodpecker sting on network tonight Smile
Chilli22 and Richard gave kudos
BE
benriggers
Great to see the Woodpecker sting on network tonight Smile

I never knew there was one but just seen it on the live catch-up. It was very charming Smile
JO
Jonny
Ah now there's a nice surprise, I take it it's (they've?) replaced those very occasional bouncy 2 window stings that were still being shown last week?

Just those pesky endboards to go...
CA
Cavan
Dr Who ident ('Dalek' version), before Two Tribes.

I saw that one and tried to rewind to record it but my Sky box buggered up.

I've also just realised that all of the stings being shown so far are related to the idents being used.
DP
D.Page
Great to be able to see Swan Change Mind sting, shown again on NI, before Dragons' Den. I'm glad they've made the decision to show these stings without any logo. I do prefer them like this.
Last edited by D.Page on 24 August 2014 8:16pm
BE
begleybegley
Shown on Network too, even though the Zapper ident was used during that break. Still holding out for the Woodpecker sting, haven't seen that one before.

Newer posts