I had a go at re-creating the Summer 2001 on screen graphics:

27 days later

JB
JasonB
Singalong time in the hall:

BR
Brekkie
God that clock was horrible wasn't it?

Maybe as discussed in the main thread it would be interesting to do a mock of the living room with them keeping the 2001 presenter sofa but brightening up the decor and probably reverting to the original logo.
Last edited by Brekkie on 11 August 2014 9:50pm
JB
JasonB
I think the sunbeams were a little fainter on the clock then they are in mine.

By August 2001 the hall had been tweaked to have a sunburst mural on the wall of the front door and the checkered mosaic pattern next to the front door had been replaced by a stripey one.

The living room, it's an idea i'll have a go at. Any suggestions on colours? Maybe using colours that were in the break stings and on the cue cards?
BR
Brekkie
I would just say it needed lightening up and some elements in there to break up the solid colour and perhaps add a bit of fun, but kept rather tasteful. Didn't like how they actually did it at all - it wasn't a patch on the 1997-2000 living rooms, of which I guess the 1998/99 version was the one that set the bar.
Last edited by Brekkie on 11 August 2014 10:46pm
FA
fanoftv
I would just say it needed lightening up and some elements in there to break up the solid colour and perhaps add a bit of fun, but kept rather tasteful. Didn't like how they actually did it at all - it wasn't a patch on the 1997-2000 living rooms, of which I guess the 1998/99 version was the one that set the bar.

The Johnny era managed to be bright and lively without being brash and horrible - something that I think the 2001/02 living room became.

They could have brightened it up by either going for a magenta or fuscia colouring, and/or replacing the boxes with photo frames of the typical big breakfast imagery - cows, milk, fruits, and photos of that days guests of course.

Newer posts