TV Home Forum

New look Loose Women

Moving to TVC Studio 2 on 16th April 2018 (August 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BA
bazinga
Was loose women cut short today, on account of breaking news?
According to their twitter page..
GM
gmb2014
Was loose women cut short today, on account of breaking news?
According to their twitter page..

If the breaking news was on Rolf Harris, I think they incorporated it into the show?
JT
JTCameron29
Yes, they incorporated the story into the show. They were making references to it throughout the show and discussed the drama as part of their debates. They then showed live shots outside of Southwark crown court a few times. Then in the last few minutes of the show the sentence length was announced, which is when Andrea read out all of the details about what was said in court. The ladies then discussed the length of the sentence.

Going completely off-topic here, I did think that Pam St. Clement made a great Loose Woman today. I would like to see more of her on the show! Smile
gmb2014 and Whataday gave kudos

13 days later

BA
bazinga
Carol Vorderman 'quits' loose women, with director Jo Johns aparently being sacked.
I thought Martin Frizell was popular within itv?
HJ
HJL
Shame, Carol Vorderman was one of my favourites. Better than bloody Kay Adams. More interesting, intelligent and comes across better on screen. I think that there needs to be some massive changes to the show. Including the sacking of about 5 or 6 of the women, and Claire Richards becoming a regular along with Denise van Outen. I do also really like Jane Moore.
BA
bazinga
Shame, Carol Vorderman was one of my favourites. Better than bloody Kay Adams. More interesting, intelligent and comes across better on screen. I think that there needs to be some massive changes to the show. Including the sacking of about 5 or 6 of the women, and Claire Richards becoming a regular along with Denise van Outen. I do also really like Jane Moore.

I prefer Kaye to the others, Janet street porter and Linda Robson fit in very well to the show, i also prefer them.
Jamelia and Myleene, on the other hand... They're not any use at all, contribute very little.
HJ
HJL
Myleene was great TV with Josie Cunningham. Said exactly what I wanted one of them to say. Jamelia, Shobna Gulati, Sherrie Hewson all need to go, I'm not a fan of Nadia or Coleen either, and think that there needs to be a better new anchor, and I think that Denise could fill that space...
ST
Stedixon
From what I have read Carol V quit as she can't commit. She has been asked several times to do more days but she apparently couldn't fit it in her schedule. In that case it's good that she has gone. Was never really a fan of her and her fake laugh anyway.

As far as lead, they've got enough presenters now. they managed without her for weeks so no problem there.

38 days later

JW
JamesWorldNews
Andrea MacLean being sidelined in favour of Ruth Langsford, if the Daily Mirror is to be believed. Ruth becomes primary presenter, followed by Kaye Adams, with Andrea being cut back to replacement/cover.

And I thought she was the best, to be honest.
JO
Jon

Most people wouldn't agree with that.
JW
JamesWorldNews
Jon posted:

I see you've inherited my blue warning ribbon. What did you do?

Andrea: she's not that bad. Perhaps a bit sickly at times, but quite a good controller of the panel, I'd say. She's grown into it over 6 years, I suppose.
BA
bazinga
Jon posted:

I see you've inherited my blue warning ribbon. What did you do?

Andrea: she's not that bad. Perhaps a bit sickly at times, but quite a good controller of the panel, I'd say. She's grown into it over 6 years, I suppose.

I preferred Kaye to the rest, i'm not too sure on Ruth as 'primary' presenter.

Newer posts