The Newsroom

BBC News 1999-2003

BBC News on BBC One / BBC News 24 / BBC World (June 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AL
AaronLancs
Given having a look at the YouTube channel with the cleaner version of the titles for BBC World it has sprung a few questions.
How did they manage to create the titles for this era?
How long from the brief given to the design agencies by the BBC did Lambie Nairn get the task?
How long was it then for the titles and set design elements to reach our TV screens?
MD
mdtauk
I couldn't explain all the details of how these titles were made. I imagine it was using early tools like After Effects of the day, and combining various graphical elements to produce the titles. Having spent a lot of time trying to re-create these things I can say it must have been tricky with more primitive software.

NY
NYTV
I couldn't explain all the details of how these titles were made. I imagine it was using early tools like After Effects of the day, and combining various graphical elements to produce the titles. Having spent a lot of time trying to re-create these things I can say it must have been tricky with more primitive software.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrQiR-v-KRk

I personally think these titles would be great for today's TV!
AL
AaronLancs
Thanks Martin. Just that it seems so fluid and really smooth even by standards of today looking back.

Newer posts