The Newsroom

ITV News: Rotas & Presenters

(July 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CF
CatsFast101
Natasha is definately above Charlene in the pecking order and arguably Nina too when it comes to covering the evening bulletins. She seems to fit in at ITV News too - never really liked her on the BBC or C5 (though Strictly really harmed her credibility as a journalist, something we're seeing now with Susanna Reid) but she seems to fit in with ITV News - especially Alastair Stewart. Did they present London Tonight together in the past?

Well I suppose with Charlene been an ITN contractor and Natasha been freelance I think we could see more of Charlene on the bulletins, Charlene has covered News at Ten a bit recently too. I do think she is good presenter too.
I do think Alastair & Natasha did host London Tonight together in the past, almost sure.

Natasha Kaplinski? she covered for Nina Hossain whilst she was on maternity leave, but they've not presented London Tonight together AFAIK. It's been single headed for quite a few years now.

According to wiki (I know, sorry, my only source!)
NATASHA KAPLINKSY:-
"In 1999 she moved to ITV's London News Network where she hosted London Today and London Tonight and a political programme called Seven Days." Don't know what capacity she presented.
ST
STV Today
Natasha is definately above Charlene in the pecking order and arguably Nina too when it comes to covering the evening bulletins. She seems to fit in at ITV News too - never really liked her on the BBC or C5 (though Strictly really harmed her credibility as a journalist, something we're seeing now with Susanna Reid) but she seems to fit in with ITV News - especially Alastair Stewart. Did they present London Tonight together in the past?

I don't think they ever presented LT together. I do echo that Natasha has settled in very well at ITV News and has seemed to lose the 'wow look at me' personality that she had previously at the BBC and C5...

They did back in 1999 - she joined LNN then and was seen with Alastair.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/breakfast/2376775.stm
http://news.sky.com/story/109107/natasha-kaplinsky
GM
GMc

Well I suppose with Charlene been an ITN contractor and Natasha been freelance I think we could see more of Charlene on the bulletins, Charlene has covered News at Ten a bit recently too. I do think she is good presenter too.
I do think Alastair & Natasha did host London Tonight together in the past, almost sure.

Natasha Kaplinski? she covered for Nina Hossain whilst she was on maternity leave, but they've not presented London Tonight together AFAIK. It's been single headed for quite a few years now.

Natasha was a presenter on London Tonight from 1999 until late 2000. Surely she and Al presented together during that period?

EDIT: Beaten to it, twice. Razz
BA
bazinga
GMc posted:

Natasha was a presenter on London Tonight from 1999 until late 2000. Surely she and Al presented together during that period?

EDIT: Beaten to it, twice. Razz

Ah, i see. Thanks for clearing that up.
GM
Gary McEwan
Is it Saturday or Sunday? Strange not to see one of the National presenters do the evening bulletin...

But good to see Ranvir do a shift that isn't a Saturday...
ST
STV Today
Is it Saturday or Sunday? Strange not to see one of the National presenters do the evening bulletin...

Indeed, I like Ranvir - clear and authoritative delivery Smile
JW
JamesWorldNews

Well, tune in to News at Ten tonight, when Ranvir will be presenting alongside Mark Austin.
AS
ASO

Well, tune in to News at Ten tonight, when Ranvir will be presenting alongside Mark Austin.

It's a long day for her! Fantastic that she will be able to do NaT.
BA
bazinga

Ranvir is a very talented presenter, wasted on GMB. Hopefully she gets something more permanent within ITV NEWS.
AS
ASO
It's so stupid that she is a Friday stand-in for Susanna Reid - and she doesn't even play Susanna's role on GMB. They need to use her and Charlene more and I am glad they appear to be doing so.
Last edited by ASO on 27 June 2014 4:06pm
GM
Gary McEwan
Charlene on the 6.30 and Ranvir on NaT...Quite an eclectic mix of fantastic newscasters today imo...
DK
DanielK
I did hear from an ITV contact before GMB started, and even before Daybreak started to die, that there is a big shakeup at ITV News coming up, this may be the start of that.

Newer posts