TV Home Forum

Britain's got Talent 2014

(May 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
HJ
HJL
yeah but there was football on saturday night too, which meant that the postponed the episode to sunday!!! Would make sense but they have schedules dictated by contracts with football!
BR
Brekkie
I meant air the Sunday episode a week earlier as a weekend double bill, then begin the live shows on the Sunday after the CL final on the Saturday.
FA
fanoftv
Anybody else think it's a bit of how when announcing the winner this year they've opted to crash from the dramatic BGT bed to a part of 'change your life' by little mix?
OW
owainshenton
Anybody else think it's a bit of how when announcing the winner this year they've opted to crash from the dramatic BGT bed to a part of 'change your life' by little mix?

I find it annoying, i think they should just use a bit of the BGT theme.
FA
fanoftv
With the lack of titles, they're clearly trying to use the theme as little as possible.
AL
alexhduk
How about instead of cutting the theme to save time , they stop putting ad-breaks between every two bleeding acts!
BR
Brekkie

I honestly thought the first time they were just playing the wrong music - it didn't work at all. Also hate the way they've revealed the results over the last couple of years - there is no tension at all in telling the acts individually who is through and who isn't as it's usually pretty obvious. It would be better just to announce the top three in no particular order and then reveal the winner as they do now. If it leaves them with a couple of minutes to fill bring back the VT they used to show where the acts just say how important it is to them.
Last edited by Brekkie on 30 May 2014 6:18pm
Put The Telly On and fanoftv gave kudos
FA
fanoftv
I agree brekkie. I thought the same that it was a mix up. Bar the lack of titles the auditions are very polished, where as some strange decisions are made when they do the lives.

As for the titles, if budget was an issue, why didn't they mix the two titles, or just add the theme on to the gold version.
DJ
DJ Dave

Yeah but BGT is from Fountain Studios so they could not do the whole Itv Studios thing. Smile
HJ
HJL

Yeah but BGT is from Fountain Studios so they could not do the whole Itv Studios thing. Smile

What do you mean, the 'whole itv studios thing'??
BR
Brekkie
I agree brekkie. I thought the same that it was a mix up. Bar the lack of titles the auditions are very polished, where as some strange decisions are made when they do the lives.

Talking of auditions paper talk I know but saw today Dec supposedly complaining that Cowell had edited them out of the auditions and they featured less than usual. I thought the opposite myself - they seem to have been more heavily featured than usual, especially on More Talent where the cutaways are now usually of Ant and Dec rather than Stephen Mulhern. On the other hand though they no longer have the family back stage and I don't recall them being shown much talking to the acts off stage.

Would definately reinstate the main theme and titles though and the astons during the auditions. And replace those Morrisons ads - a show like BGT deserves better sponsor bumpers than that!
DJ
DJ Dave
They tend to push that a lot of shows now come from the Itv Studios in London, but BGT and X Factor don't so they could not do that.

Newer posts