The Gallery

BBC Salford - Breakfast Set

Mk2 (May 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DF
DrewF
Hi all,

After over 2 years since I last did a recreation of this studio I thought I'd make another go of it, with more detail, more rendering and a more realistic shape/size/scale with some more detailed dimensions. I've been doing bits of it over the past month or two, and although it's not done rendering wise (still no lighting under the 'baking tray' for sofa and unrealistic lighting on the far ends of the set) I wanted to get some thoughts on how it's looking so far so I can take these on board and roll them into another update with better lighting. Here's how it is so far, apologies for the graininess:

Any comments good or bad much appreciated - many thanks.
OF
oflahertya
DrewF posted:
Hi all,

After over 2 years since I last did a recreation of this studio I thought I'd make another go of it, with more detail, more rendering and a more realistic shape/size/scale with some more detailed dimensions. I've been doing bits of it over the past month or two, and although it's not done rendering wise (still no lighting under the 'baking tray' for sofa and unrealistic lighting on the far ends of the set) I wanted to get some thoughts on how it's looking so far so I can take these on board and roll them into another update with better lighting. Here's how it is so far, apologies for the graininess:

Any comments good or bad much appreciated - many thanks.

When I saw the second image I really thought it was a shot of the BBC Breakfast studio albeit grainier and with cardboard cut out people. In the Business area you could do with adding the stand in. And the edges of the 'Baking Tray' could be more circular.
Other than that it is brilliant and a well deserved 5/5
BR
Brekkie
Not a huge fan of recreations (you might as well just post a screencap) but what would be interesting is if you used this as a starting point for revamping the studio. You've obviously got a good idea of what space they have to work with so it would be interesting to see what you could come up with as an alternative to the current set, even if it just sadly another recreation of the generic studio set up from NBH.
DF
DrewF
Not a huge fan of recreations (you might as well just post a screencap) but what would be interesting is if you used this as a starting point for revamping the studio. You've obviously got a good idea of what space they have to work with so it would be interesting to see what you could come up with as an alternative to the current set, even if it just sadly another recreation of the generic studio set up from NBH.

Thanks for this Brekkie. What I forgot to mention in my OP was that I am indeed intending to create a new set in the Salford space (which is a really awful studio shape) hence why I wanted to get some feedback on scale etc. to make sure it was realistic, because there isn't any actual data on the size of the studio.
HJ
HJL
DrewF posted:

Thanks for this Brekkie. What I forgot to mention in my OP was that I am indeed intending to create a new set in the Salford space (which is a really awful studio shape) hence why I wanted to get some feedback on scale etc. to make sure it was realistic, because there isn't any actual data on the size of the studio.

In that case, I think its actually longer... Fantastic mock though!!

Newer posts