The Newsroom

ITV News 2013 Rebrand

Open from 6am Monday (January 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
GM
Gary McEwan
A nice tribute to the late Bernard Cole at the end of tonight's NaT.
Gary P, watchingtv and ASO gave kudos
HB
HarryB
News at Ten replaced the closing credits with a 'in memory of' for Bernard Cole.

Gary P and watchingtv gave kudos
GP
Gary P
Clip of tonight's tribute; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIl5dzGWf4Q&feature=youtu.be
BR
Brekkie
Going off on a tangent (losely linked to Steve Scott hosting) but did Mark present from South Africa during the last World Cup, and if so was it for the duration?

If so suspect he'll be in Brazil this time, though of course News at Ten will be pre-empted quite often due to the football - I suspect even for the 8pm kick-offs it'll be put back to 10.10pm as tends to be the case.
GM
Gary McEwan
News at When has dropped out here on STV HD, any one else having problems?
HB
HarryB
Congratulations to ITV News for winning their BAFTA award.
GM
Gary McEwan

I've just had a look back on Live Restart but I don't see it being awarded. Is this one of the awards that they don't show?
Last edited by Gary McEwan on 18 May 2014 9:57pm
HB
HarryB

I've just had a look back on Live Restart but I don't see it being awarded. Is this one of the awards that they don't show?

I'd seen pictures of the award winning on twitter. But it was shown at the end of the program at 22:00 with a 'awards from earlier' section.
DV
dvboy
The full awarding of those awards will be shown on BBC News channel at 22:30
NI
Nicky
newsman1 and Telly Media gave kudos
AS
ASO
dvboy posted:
The full awarding of those awards will be shown on BBC News channel at 22:30

Breakfast didn't mention News at Ten winning - I thought that was quite funny.

But I loved Julie's tribute to Bernard Cole.
HB
HarryB
I’ve noticed recently and have been wondering whether wide shot after the titles has been recorded for ITV bulletins. From this clip below, I notice that Ranvir is leaning over the desk holding the mouse and looking at the monitor but then fades to Ranvir sitting up looking at the camera. So either that wide shot is recorded, or Ranvir moves very quick during a fade effect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j6ck7yFS6c&feature=youtu.be&a
(thanks to TVLive/rob)

Newer posts