TV Home Forum

Bruce Forsyth leaves Strictly

Claudia Winkleman named as replacement (April 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JC
JCB
Russell Brand - acting career not doing so well. Could use this a platform for his half baked revolution idea.
David Mitchell - could re-invent the strictly as a mediocre panel show
Nick Berry - big comeback?
Alesha Dixon - won the show so would obviously make a good competent host
Barry Chuckle - not paul (that would be ludicrous)
Dale Winton - gay man
Three Lefts Do and ASO gave kudos
CA
Cando
Plus didn't Claudia step down from it takes Two because of personal, family, commitments- that must still Remain!?!? Surely taking on the main show permanently would disrupt this?!?!!

There is a bit of a difference between working 6 days a week and 1. Rolling Eyes
I also hope that the BBC take this opportunity to re-invent elements of the show- With the results show being brought back to a live show on a Saturday (which was changed because it would be broadcast too late for Forsyth )

Nonsense the pre recorded Sunday results show first launched in 2007 in order to boost BBC ONE's Sunday schedule )which was in a terrible state then) and Bruce still presented it. It was recorded at the same time on a Saturday as it would previously air live.
With the results show being brought back to a live show on a Saturday

Never going to happen because it would have to air in the middle of the X Factor as contractually MOTD has to air no later than 10.30pm (subject to 1 or 2 yearly exceptions) and they have the news and lottery to fit in too! They tried to get around this in 2009 by having a joint performance and results show which was a flop so they reverted back to Sunday results. It was not until 2010 that Claudia replaced Bruce on the results show.
CA
Cando
Bruce Forsyth has explained his exit from Strictly, admitting the pressure of live TV got to him.
www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s104/strictly-come-dancing/news/a562623/bruce-forsyth-on-strictly-come-dancing-exit-im-not-retiring.html

I heard from a decent source that he had a bit of a push, which is not surprising tbh as he really struggled a few times last year.
I always said I'd like Anton to get the job but now that Bruce is actually leaving, I'm not so sure.

Anton hasn't had a presenting job with the BBC since the awful incident with Lalia Rouass in 2009. Before then he was presenter/captain on Hole in the wall, permanent judge on let's Dance for Comic Relief, presented his own daytime Cookery show with Lloyd Grossman along with other bits and pieces. He was clearly been groomed for the job once upon a time but not anymore.
BR
Brekkie
The Sun says today that unsurprisingly they'll be going with the tried and tested Tess and Claudia.
Three Lefts Do and ASO gave kudos

32 days later

HB
HarryB
Claudia Winkleman is the replacement, host of Strictly come dancing when it returns for a new series, alongside Tess Daly
JO
Jon
Claudia Winkleman is the replacement, host of Strictly come dancing when it returns for a new series, alongside Tess Daly

Source?

Now the more interesting question of who will replace Claudia Winkleman when Strictly Come Dancing returns in 2015 can begin.
DV
DVB Cornwall
BBC Strictly on Twitter .....

HB
HarryB
Full Strictly announcement:

http://bbc.in/Qo6bNd
DA
David
Why announce this at 11:13 PM on a Friday night?
SI
sigma421
David posted:
Why announce this at 11:13 PM on a Friday night?

Newspaper embargoes?
BR
Brekkie
Which TV folk still seem to think are relevent in the 21st century.

Sensible decision from the BBC - anyone else coming in as a direct replacement for Brucie would have been doomed to fail and overlooking Claudia would have been very bad press for the show and the BBC as a whole at a time they don't need it.
TL
Three Lefts Do
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-27339113

I'm so pleased that Tess & Claudia have now been confirmed as the new permanent hosts of the main programme.

I would have considered it an abomination if either/both had been overlooked (unless either/both didn't want the gig, of course).

Apparently, they will be the first EVER all-female regular presenting duo on UK prime-time television! The fact that it has taken until the 21st Century (and a-decade-and-a-half in, at that!) for such a thing to happen is shocking.

Given that the panel of judges are 3 men and 1 woman, this will finally give the show a truly even gender balance.

I'm a big fan of Claudia's presenting style, and enjoy her on both Strictly and The Great British Sewing Bee.

So pleased. Smile
Last edited by Three Lefts Do on 10 May 2014 8:20am

Newer posts