TV Home Forum

BBC Parliament on Freeview... Technical Problems?

BBC Parliament seemed to be transmitting a blank screen on Freeview yesterday evening. (May 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SF
Shane Forster
Hi all, sorry for the post.

Last night, I was flicking through the channels on my Freeview+ box. I came across BBC Parliament (a channel I don't watch) and realised that they were transmitting a blank screen. Was there a technical problem, or was it deliberate?

Thanks all!
TW
tweedledum
It's OK to admit you like watching it! Wink

Probably a technical problem.
Shane Forster and David gave kudos
JO
Jon

Last night, I was flicking through the channels on my Freeview+ box. I came across BBC Parliament (a channel I don't watch) and realised that they were transmitting a blank screen. Was there a technical problem, or was it deliberate?

They're chasing better ratings, so it was indeed deliberate.
Shane Forster, David and tweedledum gave kudos
LE
Leah

BBC Parliament is a great service!

Why would it be deliberate? Rolling Eyes Was there any need to ask this question or did you just do it for the hell of it?
TW
tweedledum
Leah posted:

Hey, I didn't say it wasnt. But that is a matter of opinion.
BA
bilky asko
Leah posted:

Why would it be deliberate? Rolling Eyes Was there any need to ask this question or did you just do it for the hell of it?

Maybe there was a black screen because a backbench MP made a dirty protest?
Shane Forster, David and Jon gave kudos
SP
Steve in Pudsey
On the basis that yesterday was a Bank Holiday so the House wasn't sitting they would have been playing out pre-recorded material.
DA
David
Why would you be sorry? Don't be. You are a valued member of Television Forum and as such have as much right to post as anyone else.

Again, don't try to explain why you were watching or were not watching BBC Parliament. That is your business and no one is going to judge you either way (apart from on Metropol[24/7] of course). The only thing I would have preferred is if you had posted while the blank screen was being broadcast. Do you have any caps?

Thanks all!
Any time, Doctor Forster. Keep up the good work.
SF
Shane Forster
David posted:
Why would you be sorry? Don't be. You are a valued member of Television Forum and as such have as much right to post as anyone else.

Again, don't try to explain why you were watching or were not watching BBC Parliament. That is your business and no one is going to judge you either way (apart from on Metropol[24/7] of course). The only thing I would have preferred is if you had posted while the blank screen was being broadcast. Do you have any caps?

Thanks all!
Any time, Doctor Forster. Keep up the good work.

Thanks! Smile

I think my friend has some. I'll ask him.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Was it a truly black screen or a blank screen with the DOG? A search of Twitter for "Millbank Power Cut" - the most frequent cause of it falling off air - turns up nothing relating to yesterday.
MS
msim
Shame they didn't screen an archive Election Night yesterday. 9 yrs to the day since 2005 Election for example.

Newer posts