TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain - confirmed

Susanna Reid to join revamped ITV breakfast show (March 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
VM
VMPhil
Looks like the regional opts will be Good Morning xxxx (name of region) if this tweet from Central is anything to go by

(embedded tweet)
TV
TV Matters
RDJ posted:
Looks like the regional opts will be Good Morning xxxx (name of region) if this tweet from Central is anything to go by
https://twitter.com/ITVCentral/status/460528961169424385/photo/1

Oh I like that! It means we'll see a return to Good Morning Calendar, the very first breakfast show in the UK hosted by Bob Warman in the late 70's.

Interesting how they use the ITV reem font there. Wonder if that will feature in the graphics
BR
Barney Rubble

(embedded tweet)

Wonder how that will work in Scotland - we get split news for North and Central Scotland (North is recorded from Glasgow)....Good Morning North/ Central Scotland?? I would doubt it will be Good Morning Scotland.....thats a radio programme on radio Scotland.
GM
Gary McEwan

(embedded tweet)

Wonder how that will work in Scotland - we get split news for North and Central Scotland (North is recorded from Glasgow)....Good Morning North/ Central Scotland?? I would doubt it will be Good Morning Scotland.....thats a radio programme on radio Scotland.

Good Morning STV?

Although Grampian and Scottish would be good for this, but that's never going to happen...
BR
Barney Rubble

(embedded tweet)

Good Morning STV?

Yep Gary - I guessing that would be most logical? Good Morning Scotland would ruffle a few BBC feathers ehh??
AS
ASO
Good morning Alba?
GM
Gary McEwan
ASO posted:
Good morning Alba?

That could be referred to BBC Alba though...
BR
Barney Rubble
ASO posted:
Good morning Alba?

I would think not!
AS
ASO
ASO posted:
Good morning Alba?

I know, but people probably won't care - the BBC will not care about the use of Alba at all compared to Good Morning Scotland.
BR
Barney Rubble
ASO posted:
ASO posted:
Good morning Alba?

I know, but people probably won't care - the BBC will not care about the use of Alba at all compared to Good Morning Scotland.

No - I would hope that stv will present the opt in English.....Alba is not English.
AS
ASO
ASO posted:
ASO posted:
Good morning Alba?

No - I would hope that stv will present the opt in English.....Alba is not English.

Isn't BBC Alba's language English?
DB
dbl
ASO posted:
ASO posted:
ASO posted:
Good morning Alba?

Isn't BBC Alba's language English?

Gaelic, its a Gaelic speaking channel. And its a minority who speak it.
Last edited by dbl on 27 April 2014 11:52pm

Newer posts